Chapter 11

Chara winced and tried to ignore the voice, they've heard it multiple times before. It was their own voice, but somehow...different at the same time. Normally, whenever they heard this voice, they blackout and wake up to find themselves either covered in blood or monster ash. They'd then hear insane laughter in their head, and the voice would call them weak.
"If you weren't weak, you'd be able to stop me," the voice would say. Chara never knew exactly how many people they killed when the voice took over, nor who the victims were. Chara has killed consciously before as well though, but they've tried to stop that part of them...killing Undyne and Papyrus had been the first time they've killed consciously in years, but the monsters had hurt Frisk so it was worth it. Even when Chara was dead, they were still somehow able to kill...they didn't want to do it, it was the demon who lived in they minds fault. Chara felt weak and helpless, they never liked to recall the memories, it only seemed to make the demon stronger. If that demon took over Chara, it'd end up most likely killing Fri-.

"Chara, are you okay?" Frisks voice snapped Chara out of their thoughts.
"Uh, yeah. Why would you think otherwise, Frisk?" Chara asked nervously. They saw Frisk frown.
"You had started to grip my hand really tightly, and your breathing had quickened. Are you sure you're okay?" Chara smiled, happy that someone actually cared about them. Chara brought their hand up and ruffled Frisks hair.
"I'm fine, don't worry. I just got lost in thought," Chara said. Even though half of Frisks face was covered with flowers, they could still tell that Frisk wasn't convinced. Frisk sighed anyway, knowing that arguing would only get them no where. Chara smiled.
"So, Frisk, once we get to the surface, what are you going to do? Are you going to go back to your family?" Frisk abruptly stopped, and their grip tightened so much on Chara's hand that it almost hurt. Chara looked at them in concern.
"...Frisk? What's wrong?" Chara asked, wrapping their arms around Frisk in a hug. Frisk took in a shaky breath.
"I don't want to go back to my family. I'm not going back. I'll stay with you and the other monsters," Frisk stated. Chara pulled away from the hug a bit, and put their hands on Frisks cheeks.
"What happened? Want to tell me?" Chara asked. Frisk shook their head.
"No," they said. Even though Frisk wasn't talking about it, Chara still smiled softly, they could tell that something terrible had happened to Frisk and Chara wanted to help. Chara's eyes then widened, the flowers around one of Chara's hands were wilting again; but instead of turning a black color, they wilted to a soft pink before turning to ash.

Frisks eye that was revealed was wide and had tears in it, Chara wiped the tears away and then chuckled.
"That was weird, wasn't it?" Chara asked, trying to distract themselves from the idea of the consequences that could occur. Frisk smiled and nodded.
"Yeah, it was," Frisk said. Frisk and Chara heard Sans cough behind them.
"Excuse me, lovebirds, that is weird, but another weird and suspicious thing is the fact that there are no other monsters around here. The only monsters we've bumped into are Undyne and Papyrus that one time on the last reset," Sans said, Flowey looking at Chara and Frisk in confusion. Chara sighed.
"Yeah, I noticed that too. But why are you complaining? We should be glad that we haven't run into any monsters," Chara said, Sans nodded.
"Course I'm happy 'bout that, but it's suspicious, there should be others here!" Sans exclaimed. Chara let go of Frisks hand, walked up to the skeleton and hit him in the back of the head.
"Well, if you keep yelling like that, someone will hear you! So shut up!" Chara exclaimed, yelling despite telling Sans to be quiet. Sans glared at them and growled, his gold tooth glinting dangerously; but Chara ignored him and crossed their arms.
"Besides, Alphys probably already cleared the monsters out of hear, knowing how dangerous Undyne can be while-" Chara was cut off at the feeling of Frisk pulling on their sweater. Chara turned and was about to ask what was wrong, but Frisk put a finger up to their lips in a shushing motion and pointed upwards. Sans and Flowey immediately looked up while Chara first looked at Frisk in confusion, before looking to where Frisk had pointed. At first, they saw nothing, but not long after, they saw the point of a spear and the clanking of armor from the ledge above the group...it was Undyne.