Chapter 7

(A/N: another warning, since this is an AU, the layouts for most places are going to be a bit different. There won't be drastic changes, but I just thought I'd tell you so no one got confused.)

Frisk and Flowey looked at each other in confusion from the sudden change in the reset and yelling. Frisk started walking in the direction of the voices, trying to be as quiet as possible. As they got closer, they realized that it was Sans and Papyrus that were fighting. Papyrus seemed to be lecturing Sans, while the shorter glared at him. Frisk walked closer, staying as hidden as possible, trying to hear what they were saying. Frisk stood behind a tree and watched the pair, they could make out their conversation.
"I can't believe you, Sans! I can't believe you've become friends with a...human!" Papyrus exclaimed. Sans crossed his arms.
"I have no clue what you're talking about, bro," Sans grumbled. This made Papyrus glare at his brother even more.
"Word gets around, Sans! You couldn't have kept you're friendship a secret for long." Sans growled, but soon smirked.
"I'm not their friend, bro. Don't worry, Paps, their fri-end will come to them soon," Sans said with a chuckle. Papyrus froze, face devoid of any emotion. Frisk had a perplexed look on their face, not knowing what happened. Soon after, Papyrus growled and stomped on the ground.
"Sans! Stop with the stupid puns!" Papyrus crossed his arms and started grumbling to himself.
"My puns aren't stupid! Their a way to pass time, and relieve stress that you force upon people!" Sans said marching up to Papyrus.
"That was an unexpected change in conversation," Flowey grumbled, looking at the two brothers idiocy. Papyrus leaned down to Sans height.
"Your puns are worthless pieces of garbage, with no value at all! And if no one works, then they are useless in the Underground, as well!" He exclaimed. He pushed Sans out of the way, before continuing.
"Puns are distractions that no one needs, and that no one wants to hear," Papyrus said, once again crossing his arms.
"Alright then, bro," Sans said, a smirk back on his face.
"How about, I do what you dream to do?" He asked. Papyrus glared at him, harshly. Frisk could feel the intensity of the glare from behind the tree, and had the feeling of wanting to run away.
"I'll capture a human! I'll be the one to free the monsters! I'll be respected by everyone! I'll be envied, for having collected a human soul!" Sans said with a bunch of exaggerated hand motions and an evil smirk on his face...but a bit of bitterness shown through.
"Even you wouldn't do something like that, Sans!" Papyrus mumbled.
"You wouldn't do that..." A look of realization dawned on his face.
"You plan to trick the human! You're planning on pretending to befriend the human and then bring him to Asgore! You plan to ruin my life long dream, don't you?" Papyrus exclaimed.
"Of course that's what I plan, bro," Sans said, slinging an arm around Papyrus' shoulders.
"I plan on tricking them into trusting me, before bringing them to Asgore! And taking everything that you've ever wanted! In fact, I've already started my plan!" Sans exclaimed, pointing at his brother. Papyrus looked at him with wide eyes.
"What?!" Papyrus asked, pulling away from Sans and glaring at him. Sans started breaking down laughing and fell on the ground. Papyrus groaned.
"Of course it was one of your usual tricks, Sans!" Papyrus grumbled, looking at his brother laughing in the snow.
"Stop being stupid for once, Sans! I'll be leaving, don't look for me!" Papyrus started to walk off, and Frisk caught Sans sighing; like he had been trying to shoo off Papyrus. Frisk sighed too, they had started to get nervous about what Sans was saying.

Frisk started to poke out from behind the tree. But, Papyrus suddenly stopped and turned to Sans again.
"Wait! You changed the conversation topic on purpose, didn't you?! We still aren't done discussing the hu-" Papyrus stopped when his eyes landed on Frisk, Sans looked over as well. Papyrus chuckled and smirked evilly.
"Well...speak of the devil..." He said. Several large bones appeared behind Papyrus and started hurtling toward Frisk, the human screwed their eyes shut and waited for the impact...but nothing came. Frisk opened their eyes to see Sans blocking Papyrus' bones. He turned to Frisk.
"You showed up at a bad time," he mumbled.

Once Papyrus stopped to catch his breath, Sans grabbed Frisks hand and started running. Frisk wasn't ready for him to suddenly start running, so Frisk dropped Flowey.
"Flowey!" They called out, eyes were wide.
"Leave him, you'll just be killed if you try to get him," Sans grumbled. Frisk didn't listen and shook themselves from his grip, and ran for Flowey. Multiple bones planted themselves in Frisks body before they even reached the flower, killing them.

When Frisk opened their eyes from the reset, Sans immediately lunged for them before Papyrus could react. They readied themselves and ran beside Sans, clutching Flowey. While running, Papyrus summoned bones in front of the group as they ran. Sans summoned a blaster and destroyed Papyrus' attack. Frisk looked behind them, and saw that Papyrus was catching up to them. They were about to warn Sans, when he suddenly pulled Frisk around a corner and...they weren't in Snowdin anymore. Frisk looked behind them and didn't see Papyrus.
"That...was close." They heard Sans mumble. They turned to the skeleton, an eyebrow raised at what just happened.
"What?" Sans asked. He then shrugged, a smirk on his face again.
"Just a small shortcut." This didn't answer any of Frisks questions, but decided not to ask about it anymore. They decided to ask a different question.
"How come you helped me...again?" Frisk asked. Sans looked at them, then turned his head away.
"You don't deserve to be killed," he said. Sans then sighed.
"I'm deciding to be kind, for once. Plus, you've started to remind me of a little sibling that I've never had," Sans said with a small smile on his face.

His expression then went serious.
"Now, answer my questions," he said.
"First, how are you resetting time, and are you doing it on purpose?" He asked. Frisk was surprised by the question; they had suspected that Sans was able to remember the resets, but hadn't expected him to be so strait forward. Fisk looked down.
"I'm not sure exactly how I'm doing it. Flowey says it's because I have 'determination,' but I don't know the specifics," they said gesturing to the flower in their hands, who grumbled in response; he still wasn't fond of the skeleton.
"And, I'm not doing it on purpose. If I was, then...I wouldn't be here," Frisk said with a shaky laugh. Flowey frowned in both concern and confusion, and Sans just blinked in surprise at what Frisk had said; seeming to understand what they meant. He turned his head away for a second, before looking back at Frisk and continuing.
"Ok...second," he gestured to all of Frisks body.
"What's with the flowers?" He asked, confusion lacing his voice. Frisk looked down, unconsciously rubbing on their arm that had the most flowers on it. From all the mistakes they made during the puzzles, the flowers had completely taken over one of their arms; besides the fingers. Their arm felt completely normal and they could use it just fine, but there was a slight tingling sensation that they could feel every once in a while.
"Um...we're not exactly sure...all we know is that a new flower forms each time I die. We don't know why, though," Frisk murmured with a shrug. Sans looked at them for a bit, doubtful, before sighing.
"Wish I could help ya, sweetheart, but I wouldn't know what's going on either. But, we got other problems to worry about soon," Sans said, pointing a thumb in the direction they were headed.
"At some point, probably, we're going to run into Undyne. She's leader of the royal guard. If you thought it was hard to get past my brother, then you're in for a ride with her," he turned, walking in the direction he was pointing. Frisk followed closely behind, clutching Flowey's pot to their chest. Sans peaked over his shoulder a bit at the kid, before looking forward again.
"But, I'll try my best to make sure you don't get hurt...nor your little flower either," he murmured with a chuckle when the flower scoffed at being called little...even though it was true. Frisk smiled at the skeleton.
"Thank you!" They said, happily. This was the first time in a while that Frisk seemed to be truly happy, for they made a new friend...helped someone once clouded by darkness, to see the good. This thought filled them with determination, the thought of maybe, just maybe helping more of these hopeless people.

(A/N: Chara will most likely show up in the next chapter, sorry it's kinda slow, but I like to develop the story a bit before hand and not rush it.)