Chapter 6

(A/N: the layout for Snowdin is going to be a little different. It's going to be kind of backwards, where the town is before Papyrus' puzzles.)

The next day, Frisk and Flowey started on their way out of Snowdin. They exited the hotel, and Frisk instantly shivered. The temperature had dropped a lot during the night. They walked through Snowdin, Frisk could feel the stares of the other monsters on their back. They made it to the edge of town, where they found Sans sat at a sentry station.
"Yo, sweetheart. Want to go to Grillby's?" He asked, pointing a thumb towards the bar. Frisk shook their head.
"Can't, I've got to get to the surface. Thank you for the offer though." Frisk started to walk away...but stopped. They started to be pulled backwards by an unknown force.
"Frisk...? What's happening?" They heard Flowey ask. Frisk didn't answer, and tried to fight back. They were suddenly lifted off the ground, dropping Flowey in surprise. They heard Flowey call out to them and the sound of the pot hitting the snow. Frisk looked down, their one good eye widening at how high off the ground they were. They were slowly turned around, and spotted Sans standing next to the sentry station. But he looked different, he had a glowing red eye while the other was pitch black, and he was holding a hand towards Frisk; not in a way to help them, but instead in a way almost like he was the one doing this to Frisk.
"What's with you being so kind to everyone, huh?" Sans asked in a calm voice.
"What's your plan?" He asked, his voice seeming to grow angrier.
"Do you plan to befriend everyone and then stab them in the back?!" Frisk flinched at the sudden harshness of his tone. Sans chuckled darkly.
"Because if that's what you plan to do, it won't work...I'll make sure that doesn't happen." Frisk felt the familiar, yet still surprising and painful feeling of a bone being driven through their soul. Frisk heard the familiar cry of Flowey as they were thrown to the ground, probably breaking a few of their own bones. Frisk looked up slightly at the sound of Sans footsteps approaching them. Sans looked down at them with pitch black eye sockets and a demonic smile.
"To bad you're basically dead already, 'cause I W A S A B O U T T O
H A V E A G R E A T T I M E..." Frisk blacked out.

Frisk woke up back at the hotel and took a shaky breath.
"Are you okay, Flowey?" Frisk asked.
"Yeah, but I should be the one asking you that question," Flowey stated. Frisk smiled at him and picked him up off the nightstand.
"I'm fine, don't worry about me. Let's go, we got to get out of here." Frisk walked out of the hotel and towards the edge of town. They made it over to the sentry station, where Sans was located again.
"Wanna go to Grillby's?" He asked Frisk. This time Frisk turned to him, but didn't answer.
"It might be a good idea. Papyrus could still be in the area over there, and you don't want to bump into him, do ya?" Frisk shook their head and gave Sans a small smile.
"I guess I don't. I might as well go to Grillby's," Frisk said. Sans showed them to the bar and ordered fries for the both of them. All the monsters were ignoring the two of them, besides Grillby. Frisk looked for ketchup once the fries had arrived, Sans pulled mustard seemingly out of thin air. He looked at Frisk and extended it towards them.
"You want some?" Frisk shook their head and called out to Grillby.
"Can I have ketchup, please?" Grillby walked to a table, grabbed the red bottle and brought it to Frisk. Frisk took the bottle, and smiled at Grillby.
"Thank you!" Grillby jumped in surprise at what Frisk said. Soon after they seemed to...glow a little brighter, happily, before walking to another customer. Frisk tilted their head to the side in confusion, before jumping when they heard a slamming sound next to them. Turning their head, they saw Sans practically crushing the mustard bottle and glaring at Frisk.
"Why?" Sans grumbled. Frisk tilted their head in confusion, again.
"Why do you insist on being so nice to everyone?" Sans still had a glare on his face, but their seemed to be another emotion in their somewhere...something more broken.
"Everyone deserves kindness, even if you feel that you don't deserve it," Frisk smiled.
"Sometimes, kindness is all it takes to make someone happy and good." Sans stared at them at first, before smiling a little and letting out a small chuckle.
"The Underground doesn't work like that, sweetheart. But, you sure as hell can try."

Sans walked Frisk back to the sentry station, after they finished. Once they arrived Sans turned to Frisk.
"You shouldn't run into Papyrus, he should've left to go to Hot Town by now. But you might run into other monsters on the way, and you'll run into a few 'puzzles' that Papyrus likes to set up, their more like death traps if you aren't carful. Thought I'd warn ya." Flowey had a confused look on his face, Frisk was confused as well but just smiled and nodded.
"Thank you, Sans," they said. They started walking away, towards the end of Snowdin.

The path out of Snowdin was seemingly normal, but thanks to Sans warning, Flowey was a little wary. Flowey looked around as Frisk walked, but didn't see anything unnatural. But as Frisk kept walking, Flowey noticed that there seemed to be uneven patches of snow on the ground. He stopped Frisk, who looked at him in confusion, before extending a vine and tapping the ground. Multiple sharp spikes extended from the ground at a surprising speed, Frisk would have been killed on impact. Frisk looked at the spikes in surprise, before looking at Flowey and smiling.
"Thank you for that, Flowey." Flowey smiled.
"No problem, Frisk!"

Frisk and Flowey got through many of the puzzles rather easily, the puzzles seemed to get easier the further they got through them. Frisk somewhat let down their guard, it had seemed fine at the time since they hadn't been running into other monsters and hadn't seen anymore of Papyrus' puzzles...that was a mistake. Frisk was walking, when out of nowhere, two dog like monsters marched towards Frisk and pulled them into battle. Frisk was surprised and startled by the sudden attack, so they didn't react fast enough to dodge the two axes that were swinging towards their soul. Flowey tried blocking the axes with a vine, but the axes cut right through them. The axes made contact with Frisks soul, slicing it in half and killing Frisk.

When Frisk reopened their eyes, they found themselves back at Sans' sentry post. It seemed to be after they had eaten and after Frisk had thanked Sans for the information on the traps. This happened quite a lot, Frisk would die from either messing up on the puzzles or dying from Dogamy and Dogaressa. Then they'd wake up to find themselves next to Sans. Sometimes, if Frisk had died in more of a harsh way; they'd go out for a bit so they wouldn't look suspicious, before returning shortly after to stay at the small hotel again, telling Sans that they were tired. Then the next day, Frisk and Sans would go to Grillby's. The most recent time Frisk had died was from weapons that suddenly appeared around Frisk while they were walking on a bridge. They had forgotten that they would be reset next to Sans, so they hesitated a bit. Deciding not to look too suspicious, Frisk started walking away but stopped when they heard Sans talk.
"Be careful out there. Act like a puppy to the big dogs, they've always had a soft spot for puppies. And always run straight ahead with no hesitation when multiple weapons are aimed at you." Frisk could hear Sans smirk, and were those...hints? Sans knew something, Frisk knew this. No wonder Flowey was still wary of the skeleton, he definitely knew something.

This time Frisk died before they made it to the dogs. Frisk was on one of the puzzles that required them to change all the Xs into Os. Frisk was doing fine, but ended up losing balance while on the ice. They slipped, causing them to miss the small patch of land and fall over the edge. Flowey shot out vines, trying to catch the ledge and pull both of them up. Flowey caught the ledge, but didn't have enough strength to pull them both up. The vines slipped from the ledge, causing Flowey and Frisk to plummet to their death. Frisk opened their eyes, expecting to be next to Sans again, like they were with the other resets...but they weren't, Sans wasn't anywhere near Frisk. They looked around in confusion, that's when the sound of yelling was heard.