Chapter 1

Toriel had shown Frisk and Flowey around the Ruins, as well as explained about the puzzles located throughout it. Toriel left after a little while to run some errands and told Frisk to stay where they are, but Frisk being the curious person they are, decided to explore despite Flowey's objections. Frisk thought that exploring the Ruins was pretty fun, and Flowey had calmed down pretty quickly.

They had finished a few puzzles, one of which consisted of pressing buttons, until they came across the first other monster they had seen since Toriel. The monster was a froggit, it pulled Frisk into a battle. Frisk complimented, and spared the Froggit many times, but it just kept on wanting to fight Frisk. After a while, the Froggit stopped fighting, for it had gotten sick of Frisk not fighting back; as well as the fact that Frisk could dodge all of its attacks. Once the monster left, Frisk had an obviously confused look on their face. Flowey noticed it.
"Here, in the Underground, monsters believe that it's 'Kill or be Killed'," Flowey said. Frisk looked at him, a look of surprise evident on their face.
"Why? What happened to them to cause them to think like that," Frisk started to walk forward again. Flowey turned his head and looked at Frisk.
"The humans forcing us down here didn't help, but no one reacted like this right away. It happened a few years after we were banished, but I don't know why..." Flowey said, lowering their head and looking at the ground.
"Part of it probably had something to do with when the Kings two children died. Everyone had started to lose hope, and most of us developed an even bigger hate for humanity," Flowey's voice dropped and was barely audible. Frisk looked at him upon their shoulder, Flowey seemed lost in thought.
"What were their names, Flowey?" Frisk asked. Flowey's head snapped up and turned to look at Frisk. He opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't think of anything. Flowey's face showed his confusion as he turned back to look where Frisk was walking.
"I...I can't remember their names. I don't know why, it feels like I should know this, but I don't. My mind feels...empty," Flowey muttered looking thoroughly confused. Frisk gave him a worried look, but decided not to ask any questions since Flowey turned away from them.

Frisk continued walking with Flowey on their shoulder. They had run into a few more monsters and they, as well, took a while until they finally took the mercy that Frisk was giving them. Flowey had also kept mentioning how he was happy that no matter what the monsters did to Frisk, they would never hurt them.

Every few minutes, Toriel would call them on the cell phone she gave Frisk, and would mostly ask about pie. Frisk and Flowey eventually arrived at what they assumed to be Toriels house, where she approached them and scolded Frisk for leaving the room they were told to stay in. The house was pretty nice, and Frisk wouldn't have assumed it to be a monsters. Toriel showed Frisk and Flowey to a room and told them it was theirs. She seemingly pushed both of them into the room and promptly left. Frisk got the impression that she was a nice lady, but Flowey always seemed to cower slightly in fear around her and there seemed to always be a weird glint in the goat monsters eyes that neither Frisk nor Flowey could place an emotion too...well, they couldn't place a good emotion.

The room looked perfect for someone Frisks age, but seemed like someone had lived in it before; possibly the children from Flowey's story. Frisk and Flowey looked around a bit more before Frisks eyes landed on some flower pots, they even had dirt in them already.
"Hey, Flowey, want to be planted into one of those conveniently placed flower pots?" Frisk asked with a goofy smile. Flowey rolled his eyes, but did wrap vines around the pot and placed himself in it. Frisk sat on the bed and leaned back, placing their head on the pillow.

"Frisk, when do you plan to leave the ruins?" Flowey asked, his head tilted to the side and vaguely reminded Frisk of a dog.
"Don't know," they said, turning on their side to face the flower placed on the bedside table, "probably after I take a quick nap, I'll ask how to get out." Flowey frowned at this.
"She most likely won't let you leave. She seems to want you to stay. The only way you'd be able to get out, is by fighting her" Frisk nodded.
"I know...but it's worth a try to ask. I don't want to hurt anyone, even if it means putting my own life in danger. I'd even like to help all monsters escape this place, if I can." Flowey was surprised by this, even if he didn't want to hurt humans, he still had the thought that most humans were selfish. Frisk was...different, they didn't want to hurt any monsters, no matter how much the monsters injured them; Frisk even wanted to let them out of the cursed Underground. Flowey smiled.
"Good night, Frisk," he said to the now drifting off human. Frisk smiled.
"Good night to you too, Flowey. We'll find a way out of here in the morning." Once Frisk was asleep, Flowey smiled a sad smile and whispered in a barely audible voice.
"Hopefully we will"