Chapter Two

I woke up the next morning realizing that it was 9:30. My shift had started at 9:00. I was late.
"Shit!" I screamed.
I hurried and got dressed, did my hair and makeup, and ran out the door. That's when my phone started buzzing. My boss was calling.
"Hello" I greeted him.
"Where are you?" He asked fiercely.
"I'm almost there. I woke up late. I'm on my way." I replied.
"You better be". He said.
He hung up after that. My boss Greg wasn't a person who tolerates things that annoy him for very long. If something he doesn't like happens more than once, he will get pissed off. Nobody likes a mad Greg.
I pulled into the grocery store that I worked at, and automatically started working. Greg saw me but he didn't say anything. As I was working, I remembered about my date tonight. It was 4:30, and I get out at 5, which gives me just enough time to get ready.
When I got home, I quickly opened up my closet to look for something to wear. It was Hunter freaking Hayes for crying out loud. I had to look presentable.
I finally decided on a nice yellow dress with flower design's on it. Just as I had finished getting dressed, my phone dinged. It was a text from Hunter.
"So do you want me to pick you up or do you want me to meet you there?"
"I can just meet you there"
"Okay"
I grabbed my keys and wallet, and put them inside my purse as I opened my door, Locked it, walked out and shut it again. I walked to my car, got in, and started the engine. As I was driving, I realized that I had no clue what I was going to say when I got there. I may as well just go with the flow; it worked last time we saw each other so I don't see why it wouldn't work this time around. I got to Whiskey Kitchen and immediately saw Hunter sitting down at a table for two. I walked over to join him.
"Hello" I said.
"Hey Jess. I already ordered our drinks. I hope a coke will be okay for you."
Coke is great!" I said reassuringly.
"Good" he said.
After that the waitress walked over with our drinks and a notepad, saving us from an awkward silence. She passed us our drinks, and asked if we were ready to order. I had already knew what I wanted since I come here a lot anyways. Apparently Hunter did too, saying that he would have his 'usual'. I ordered 2 chili dogs with an order of potato fries. After the waitress walked away, curiosity was really getting to me so I had to ask Hunter what his usual here was.
"It's just a regular cheese burger with potato fries. Sometimes I like to mix it up and get something different though." He said.
"I really think the fries here are amazing. The fries are one of the main reasons I come to this restaurant" I told him.
"Yeah me too" he said.
As the date came to an end, Hunter insisted that he would pay the bill and we decided that we might go out again another night when we are both free. I think it could work out between us, though.