Chapter Twelve: Questions

"Jessica wake up." I heard Hunter calling my name softly and shaking me. Slowly I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was in the living room Hunter sitting by my side.
"Jess are you alright? You passed out on Kylee's floor so I carried you out here. Then you started kinda crying."
I was confused I couldn't recall anything I dreamt of. Possibly my mother's funeral or maybe Kylee having to go back to her mom's house. I wasn't sure what to say so I just nodded in reply.
What Hunter did still shocks me to this very day. He grabbed my hands and held them in both of his. He leaned and kissed my softly on my lips. After a moment of stupor I kissed back slowly every second building in intensity before we finally pulled apart.
"I-I'm so sorry about that Jess, I don't know what the heck overcame me."Hunter fumbled with his words not knowing what to say.
Giving myself a breif moment to think I soon replied saying something like,"It's fine don't worry..." even though I really wanted to kiss him again.
Giving him a quick kiss on the forehead and a fast hug, I head towards the door ready to just go home. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back over to the couch sitting me down again.
I gave him a sort of puzzled look not sure what the heck he was thinking.
"J-Jessica" he stuttered. "I was wondering if maybe you would be my girlfriend or whatever?"
Honestly I was shocked never expecting Hunter to ask that. I really liked him and decided that I would. Smiling I kissed him again and whispered "Goodnight" into his left ear very softly but loud enough for him to hear.

Back at home I layed in bed unable to sleep at all so I recalled the way his lips felt pressed against mine and the way he tasted of a combination of honey and a little bit of burbon. After think about this for awhile I was finally able to sleep.