12| Against the Code

***

I walked down the steps to the bunker and had to take in the feeling of being home. Being here again made me realize how much I actually missed this city and most importantly my team. Part of me couldn't wait to get back but another felt like it couldn't leave Central City.

I sat down on one of the counters to wait for the team to show up since it was already pretty late. I started to play with one of Ollie's daggers as I was beginning to get impatient. When I heard the door to the bunker creak open I immediately stood up.

"Doll face." Roy said as he engulfed me in a tight hug. I hugged him back tightly a part of me not wanting to let go because he was part of what made Starling home.

"Okay Abercrombie, I've only been gone for about a month." I whispered as I pulled away from the hug.

"Great to have you back Diane." Oliver said of to the corner.

"Well don't seem to excited." I replied sarcastically because of his neutral tone.

"Not that I don't enjoy having you here Diane, but what are you doing here?" He asked ignoring my comment.

"Felicity told me that you guys were spiraling into depression without me." I joked only earning an eye roll from Oliver. I heard the string of a bow being pulled and immediately turned around to find Nyssa pointing an arrow at our direction.

"Where is she?" Nyssa asked as she pointed her bow mainly towards Oliver, I took a step forward casting her bow to go down slightly.

"Nyssa calm down and we can talk." I said calmly.

"Sister, where is Sara?" She asked me as she finally lowered her bow. "She came here for the League two weeks ago. We've not heard from her since."

Although all I've ever wanted to do is escape the league, Nyssa was still my sister and I hated seeing her so distraught. "Sister there's something I have to tell you."

"Sara's dead?" She asked immediately, pain flashing quickly on her features.

"I'm so sorry."

"It was an arrow, wasn't it?" She asked to everyone in the room.

"How do you know that?" Oliver asked evidently suspicious.

"Where's her body?" Nyssa asked frantically ignoring Oliver's initial question.

"Nyssa, we buried her in her grave from seven years ago." Oliver answered sympathetically.

"She knows something." Oliver concluded when she left the room. "I want you two to follow her, but be careful. I have to meet Thea."

Roy and I both nodded at his orders and made our way out to follow Nyssa.

***

"So, why do you refer to Nyssa as sister?" Roy asked my as we hid behind a giant oak tree in the cemetery.

"Because she's is." I said earning a confused look from Roy. "Ra's al Gaul took me in as his second heir."

"So he adopted you?" Roy clarified as we watched Nyssa talk with Laurel at Sara's grave.

"You can say that, Ra's needed a second heir if something were to happen to him or Nyssa and that was me."