43| The Hangover

***

I groaned as I attempted to get up from bed and the light coming from the window definitely wasn't helping. Sitting there I tried to remember last night but nothing came to mind. "Ugh I can't remember anything." I sighed as I tried not to focus on the massive headache I was going through, slowly I shuffled my way to the bathroom and took a quick shower hoping that it would help. Never was I going to listen to Caitlin again.

Not really caring about the way I looked put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, when I noticed my car keys at my bedside table. "Finally." Slipping on my shoes I picked up the key and drove to S.T.A.R. Labs.

When I stepped our of the elevator Barry was leaning against the wall with a cup of coffee in hand. "Good morning. Coffee?"

"Its the least you can do after letting me get drunk last night." I replied as I took the coffee from his hands and took a sip.

"So its my fault now?" Barry asked a smile forming on his lips.

"Oh its very much your fault. Ugh, I have the worst headache ever." I complained as rested my head on his shoulder. "I can hardly remember anything."

"Hardly? What do you remember?" He asked nervously and I straightened up as I tried to remember anything that happened last night.

"I remember alcohol...lots of alcohol. I remember Stevie..."

"Stevie, you remember the barista?" Barry asked in disbelief.

"he was kind." I continued and Barry rolled his eyes in response, and suddenly and image came to mind and I had to purse my lips together to keep from laughing. "Summer Nights huh?"

"Of course you would remember that."

"It something thats very hard to forget. I mean that was amazing." I exclaimed as I hit his shoulder but that small movement brought the headache rushing back. I stopped as another memory resurfaced and I looked at Barry. "I remember a girl. A girl gave you her number."

"Yeah, I almost forgot about that." Barry said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, a small blush creeping on his cheeks.

"Are you...are you going to call her?" I questioned letting my curiosity get the best of me.

"I actually haven't thought about that." He admitted as he shuffled his feet. "Do you think I should?"

I was at a loose of words and didn't know what to say. I was normally not the person people went to for dating advice. You should do it. You deserve...you know someone great. And I mean that was what last night was for right? Putting ourselves out there."

Barry didn't seem to pleased with my words, even if they were the ones I thought he wanted to hear. Oliver never came to be for sating advice that was usually Diggle's area of expertise. "Yeah...yeah I'll think about it."

A ring came from the elevator telling us that someone was on their way up."Good morning." I greeted when Caitlin stepped out of the elevator and she immediately winced. She was wearing sunglasses and a large scarf around her neck probably doing worse than me.

"So loud." She complained as she wrapped her coat more tightly around herself.

Barry smiled as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder though that only seemed to irritate her. "Just wanted to make sure you're okay." 

"Let's just say I envy your inability to get drunk." Caitlin commented as we began to walk towards the Cortex. "I don't remember much from last night."

"Don't worry I don't either." I told her as I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best." Barry said under his breath.