63| Unescapable Truth

***

Early the next morning Cisco called us telling us that he was onto something important to Barry wasted no time in taking us both to S.T.A.R Labs where Caitlin was already waiting beside Cisco.

"What are you doing?" I asked as we approached Cisco who was sitting in front of his computer.

"After the accelerator exploded, I built a 3-D model of S.T.A.R. Labs so that I could pinpoint exactly what caused the malfunction." Cisco informed as he flipped through different slides that showed us different parts of the building.

"And you never ran this test?" Barry asked earning an annoyed look from Cisco.

"Of course I did. I just never had any reason to look at any areas outside of the pipeline or the cortex. It's a big building. Lots of places for Wells to hide something."

"What is that?" Caitlin asked as Cisco stopped on a slide that showed us a red area in the building.

"That shouldn't be there." Cisco confirmed as he stood up, he immediately picked up a device and ran down the hall. Without another word the rest of us followed him as he held the machine up against the wall. "I'm picking up more activity around here." Cisco informed stopping in front of what appeared like a plain wall. "Tachyons. There."

Barry placed both his hands on the wall and began to search for an opening until his hands was met an area of the wall that caused it to part open. Before any of us could enter Barry stopped us going first as the rest of us cautiously followed. Once all of us entered the dark room light up, and the only thing that was in the room was the Reverse Flash suit.

"Oh, my God." Caitlin said slowly as we stood in front of the case where the Reverse Flash suit was being displayed. We stood there in shock trying to absorbs what was right in front of us.

"Guys." Barry called as he walked forward to where a holographic image of a newspaper article was being displayed.

"What the frack?" Cisco mumbled as we also walked forward. I stood beside Barry when his hand reached out towards mine lacing our fingers together and I gave his hand as comforting squeeze that I knew he needed.

"Flash Missing Vanishes in Crisis." Barry slowly began to read the headline. "After an epic street battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light."

"Barry, look at the date." Caitlin added.

"April 25th, 2024." Barry continued, and a part of me couldn't believe what I was seeing. "Guys, when I fought the Reverse-Flash at Christmas, he said that we'd be fighting for centuries."

"Wait, you can't really think that this is from the future." Caitlin said taking a couple of steps closer, clearly not able to believe this either.

"That would means Dr. Wells, or whoever he is, is also from the future." I said slowly concluded and everything suddenly became extremely overwhelming.

"I have to say, I'm really digging the brighter red suit. And the white on the symbol? That's dope." Cisco commented as he looked at the holographic image in awe, where a picture of The Flash was placed at the center. "Wait a second. Suppose we now change the color on your suit. Will it be because we got the idea from this picture? That would mean we're living in a causal nexus. This wow. This is so trippy. Like, Marty and the Polaroid trip."

"Not as trippy as the name on the byline." Caitlin pointed out causing us to look at the newspaper heading closely.

"Iris West-Allen?" Barry read slowly and I instinctively pulled my hand out of his. I felt as Barry looked over at me but I ignored it as I continued to look ahead at the article.