20| Love's Demise

***

Once we arrived back at the hideout the tension was evident. Roy began to intensely train while Dig started to prepare what he needed to stitch me up. As he was getting ready I set my head on the table as I attempted to avoid thinking about everything that has happened to me in the past few hours. "Roy. Hey! Why don't you go home, man?" Oliver asked stopping Roy from going over the edge. I could tell that even he was tense about the whole situation, but he was trying to hid it from the rest of us. At this point it actually seems that the only emotionally stable one is Diggle. "It's been a long night."

"She took me out." Roy replied in frustration. "It shouldn't have happened."

"You're not at your best." He attempted to comfort Roy, but it seemed useless.

"I'm fine."

"How about you Diane what happened?" Oliver asked, clearly disappointed.

"I don't know." I said as I bit down on my lip as Dig began to stich up my shoulder.

"Your head wasn't in the game, thats what happened." Oliver continued, and I knew he was releasing some steam from what was going in with Felicity. "Are you okay?"

"No!" I snapped as I jumped of the table. "I literally just got shot by Cupid! And all because I let my gaurd down."

"Diane is this about the talk we had earlier, because my answer is still no." He stated beginning to get irritated, for some reason being at Starling isn't as relaxing as I first thought it would be. Everyone here is just as edgy as I am at the moment. I sighed and hook my head.

"You made that perfectly clear."

"Looks like you weren't the only person that Carrie stalked." Diggle informed, he was seated in front of one of the computers. "She was put on limited duty after becoming obsessed with her partner. The department sent her to St. Walker's for a psych eval. She quit the force a little bit after."

Oliver began to look around the room not paying much attention to what Diggle was explaining. "Where's Felicity?"

"She's working tonight." Dig reminded him, and Oliver's expression immediately darkened. "She said she told you."

"Yes, she did." He admitted.

"Oliver, you okay?" Dig asked Oliver when he began to pace around the room in anger. "I know this can't be easy, with Felicity spending so much time with Palmer."

"I'm fine." Oliver lied, but he was clearly was being consumed by jealousy.

"Where you going?" Dig asked when Oliver began to pick up his equipment.

"The psychiatrist that SCPD sent Cutter to." He simply replied as he began to walk towards the exit.

"Do you need back up?" I asked and was about to go after him.

"No." Oliver said quickly and I knew he was still upset with me. "I've got it."

A few minutes later the sun beginning to set, and I realized that I haven't really slept in almost two days. By now Dr. Wells should have listened to the voicemail I left him, hopefully I'm not needed to much. I have to stop thinking about Central City, I'm here at Starling looking for a psychopath. I gathered all my belongings and began to walk towards the exit. "Now where are you going?" Dig asked curiously.

"I'm going to go talk to Felicity, we haven't even spoken since I got back."

"Okay, I'll call you in can your needed." I nodded and headed to the newly named Palmer Tech. Once I was finally able to get past the receptionist I made my way towards Felicity's office. When i walked in i realized that she was occupying one of the old Queen offices. "Hey"