18| Fighting For You

***

"So, you defeated your childhood bully?" I summed up from the whole story that he just told me.

"Yeah, it was great you should have been there." Barry continued with a childish expression. "I mean it wasn't easy."

"It never is."

"How have you been doing this for so long?" He asked now completly serious. "How do you not let your emotions get the best of you."

"I'd like to think that your emotions are what drives us to be who we are, we just have to take control of them." I said choosing my words wisely. I couldn't be hypocritical, especially since I've let my emotion take control before."But as long as you know what your fighting for you'll never miss your target."

Barry nodded as he processed my words. "I was thinking that maybe you would want a permanent spot on Team Flash."

"Flash?" I questioned. "What happened to The Streak?"

"I thought it was time for a name change." He answered, and then he began to nervously rub the back of his neck. "So, what do you think about the whole joining my team thing?"

"If you don't remember, I'm a part of Team Arrow." I told him not wanting to go any further into the subject.

"You've been spending more time here than Starling." He pointed out. "It seems you like it more here."

I was about to reply when I heard the crunching of gravel. I pulled out an arrow and shot it at the direction where I heard the rustling, a few seconds later a loud shreak came from the corner.

"Show yourslelf. Now!" I yelled out as I kept another arrow aimed in that direction. A few second later Cisco came out walling slowly, with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Wait! Artemis." Barry yelled from behind me. "It's just Cisco."

I put my bow down, since I obviously had no intention of hurting him."I come in peace." Cisco said as he put his hands up in mock surrender.

"Cisco what are you doing here." Barry asked slightly annoyed.

"I didn't think it was fair that you meet up with her practically every night, I want want my fair chance." Cisco stated and then he turned towards me. "Cisco, Cisco Ramon."

"Yeah, no one's getting a chance at anything." I stated. "Just to make things clear."

"I guy can try." Cisco replied with a shrug. "Anyways since your going to become a part of Team Flash, I've been working on some new suit improvements for you. Don't worry I won't change the traditional style I'm only going to Cisco it up."

"I still haven't agreed..."

"Diane are you out on the field?" I cut off when I heard Roy's voice ask through my ear piece.

"Affirmative." I responded as I looked away from Barry and Cisco. "Are you requesting back up?"

"Oh my gosh, is she talking to the Arrow?" I heard Cisco say in excitement. "That is so cool!"

"No, I just need to talk to you." His voice came through again, and it sounded distant and cold. "I'm at your apartment."

"Okay I'm coming to you." I replied and then turned back to Barry and Cisco. "I have to go, but I'll see you two around."

***

"Roy." I exclaimed as I set all of my equipment on the coach and walked over to give him a hug. I hugged back but I knew something was up. I pulled back and noticed he had been crying. "What happened."