26| No Turning Back

***

"I've been going over it in my head and there is no reasonable explanation of how you can use a bow and arrow like that." Caitlin said softly, and I looked down as I pursed my lips together. I knew that there was no way that I could come up with a lie that could explain what she just saw.

"I...I have to tell you guys something, that I should have told you a long time ago." I said looking at Cisco and Caitlin, because a part of me just couldn't look Barry in the eyes.

"Diane." Oliver said in a warning tone. I turned towards him and shook my head in response.

"No Oliver, this is my secret." I told him, and that's when I realized that I was right. "I decide who I tell it to."

Seeing my determination Oliver nodded and I looked back at Caitlin and Cisco who were looking at me expectantly. For some reason the words that I've been wanting to say for some time know just couldn't be said. I turned towards Barry knowing that out of everyone he was the one that deserved to know, when I met his curios and expectant eyes it snapped me back into reality. "Guys, I'm...I'm Artemis."

Barry eyes flashed with different emotions surprise, confusion, hurt, but they settled on anger. I heard Cisco gasp and when I turned around I found him covering his mouth with his hands. When I turned back to Barry he already started to walk out of the room, I was about to go after him when Cisco gasped again. "That means...that means you kissed Barry!" I looked at him wide eyed, not only for the fact that he announced it in front of everyone but that Barry would actually tell him about the kiss. Ignoring everyone shocked stares I ran outside after Barry who was half way into the the Verdant parking lot.

I ran out into the parking lot and with my good arm I got a hold of his elbow, he quickly pulled away and I flinched not so much about the fact that pain shot through my arm, but the action of him pulling away. Barry looked at me with worry, but I looked down at me feet. "Sorry I ...I...ughh." Barry stuttered before he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Barry, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you but...but I..."

"I feel so stupid." Barry exclaimed and I finally met his eyes that were filled with anger. "Now that I think about it, it was so obvious. I guess I just didn't want to see it." I didn't reply not knowing what to say. "You've been lying to me since the first day we met. Everything has been a lie. Was any of it real?"

"Yes Barry, just because I didn't tell you about my past doesn't mean everything has been a lie." I tried to explain but he just shook his head in disbelief.

"Then tell me, what about everything that we've all been through hasn't been a lie?" He asked anger clear in his voice. "Because everything seems like one huge lie to me."

"What I feel about you and everyone else at S.T.A.R. Labs, I care about you guys." I said trying to keep all my emotions in check. "I would give my life for any of you guys, Joe, Iris, Eddie you all have become more important to me than I'd like to admit."

"I find that very hard to believe." He replied with a bitterness that I didn't think was possibly for him.

"Barry you know me as the person I am now. Not the person that I used to be." I continued but looked back down not fully wanting to meet his eyes. "That person that I used to be was a heartless killer who would only hurt people."

"Then I don't think much has changed." He replied, I looked up at him and I knew I couldn't hide the obvious hurt that his words caused me.

I pursed my lips together realizing that there were no words that I could say that would help the already broken friendship between Barry and I. "Maybe you're right." I said slowly already accepting the fact that Barry would never forgive me. "But that doesn't change the fact that I'm sorry and my intentions were never to hurt you. That was never the plan."