41| No Social Life

***

"Dude. That was insane." Cisco exclaimed as he continued to clean off the Flash suit. "I mean, even I'm having a hard time getting mad at you for dirtying up my suit."

"Okay, when are we going to start considering it my suit?" Barry asked and Cisco didn't seem at all okay with the idea.

"I'd be comfortable calling it our suit." Cisco replied after much thought. I shook my head knowing that their conversation was going to go nowhere.

"Tonight was the fastest you've ever run." I informed Barry and he smiled at the news.

"Yes, your training is paying off." Dr. Wells responded clearly satisfied with Barry's improvements.

"That couple is alive tonight because of you." Caitlin said as she sat down at her station.

"I can still get faster. I know I can."

"And you will one day, I'm sure." Dr. Wells replied while he began to leave the room. "But for today, I'd say you've fulfilled your save quota. Proper rest is what you need, as do we all."

"Better yet, what we all need is a proper drink. Who's up for a round?" Cisco asked with excitement.

"Not this again." I replied with a sigh.

"Oh, dude, it's It's dinner night with Joe. I can't. But I'll see you guys tomorrow, all right?" Barry said before he left the room/

"What about you two? Drinks on me?" Cisco asked hopefully.

"You already know my answer Cisco." I said ask he sighed before he turned towards Caitlin.

"I think I'll pass." Caitlin replied with irritation as she began to clear up her area.

"You okay?" Cisco asked slowly catching on to her mood.

"I was looking for my tablet at your work station, and I found this." Caitlin explained as she held up a tablet that held information about F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. I as debating on just leaving the room as awkward tension began to build up.

"I can explain." Cisco replied as he leaned against the table. "I know you said we should stop looking for Ronnie, so I didn't stop looking for Ronnie. Look, Hartley. He said he knew what happened to Ronnie."

"Oh, Hartley Rathaway, who is currently locked up in our super-villain basement jail for going psycho with sound waves?" Caitlin quickly reminded him.

"I'm with Caitlin on this one." I commented and Cisco quickly became annoyed.

"Yeah. He's made some poor choices. There's no argument there. But I looked into what he was saying and..."

"Cisco. Ronnie's gone, and it's time for me to move on with my life." She told Cisco but he didn't seem at all convinced.

"Doesn't seem like it."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Caitlin asked offensively.

"Look, I'm not an expert on love, but I think in order to move on from Ronnie, you actually have to move on." Cisco said and Caitlin stiffened beside me. Cisco was about to walk away when he turned to face me. "Same goes to you. At this rate you two will die old and alone."

"Ouch." I commented when Cisco left the room.

"You don't really think we'll die old and alone do you?" Caitlin asked as she began to bite her lip nervously.

"What? Of course not." I said not fully convinced myself. "I mean we're still young. And we have each other. Who says we need to be in a relationship."