Chapter 10: The Flower dance

The next few days were uneventful as Marcus worked his fields and harvested the crops that were ready to be and sent them on their way. Soon it was the day before the Flower dance. Jeb was walking with me. "So Marcus...got your best formal attire for tomorrow?" I looked over at him "I guess it's just a nice dress shirt and black jeans. " Jeb laughed and slapped my back.

I about fell over but laughed. "So are you going to attend?" Jeb nodded at me. "Yup free food and good music is always good"

I smiled as we walked up to the saloon. "So Jeb can I buy you lunch?" Jeb smiled and shook his head "Nah kid I got to go make my runs but you have a nice day." he nod as he walks inside and see Leah. He blushes seeing her then walks over "Hey Leah" She looked up and bolted up "Oh M-Marcus! I uh I got to go" She then ran past him and out the door.

"What was that all about I asked as I turned to Gus" He shrugged at Emily chuckled "You boys will never understand us girls." Gus and me titled our heads and laughed at her as she got flustered then grabbed a rolling pin. BANG BOOM BANG I walked out with a lump on the back of my head. "She didn't have to hit so hard..." My stomach growled as I walked down the path towards home. "Well If I'm going to eat I'll eat at home" He whistled as he walked home.

As he got home he saw a basket by the door. He walked up and looked at the card "Marcus I'm sorry about running out like that here's some fresh greens I made into a salad for you I hope you like it. Love Leah" I blushed as I took the basket in and enjoyed the salad.

Finally the day came to an end as he sat outside petting the dog that Marine had given him he looked down south and saw a person waving. "Who could that be?" He asked himself as he waved back. It was Jeb walking up smiling. "Marcus my good man I have a message from the lovely Leah to you." He said as he sat down on the deck. Marcus smiled "well?" Jeb laughed. "She said she'll meet you at the dance tomorrow with a surprise." Marcus laughed and offered to make Jeb some tea but he had to go his daughter was coming for a visit.

He went to bed and the next morning he was up early. He had already done his chores and was taking a shower. "Todays the big day...Why am I so nervous" He asked himself as he combed his hair. He put on his nice outfit and looked in the mirror one more time. "Alright Marcus deep breath lets go."

He walked out the door and down the southern pass towards the grounds where the dance festival was being held. He grabbed some wild flowers on the way humming to himself with a big grin on his face.

The music could be heard as he walked over and looked around He saw Leah dressed up in a white dress as he walked over to her. She blushed as he walked over to her and gave her the flowers he had picked. "Thank you "she said shyly. He blushed as he took her hand "So shall we dance?" She nodded and then went over and started to slow dance around the dance area. Sure enough the others joined.

It was a blast they enjoyed the good food and talked about different things. In the end as the sun began to set Leah kept holding his hand. She leaned over and kissed his cheek "Thank you for being with me today" He blushed as they parted ways and he went home.