Chapter 11 Summer heat dinner date

The first day of summer and the heat was on. Marcus was lying in his bed sweating "Sweet Yoba...I need an ac unit." He said as he rolled out of bed all sweaty. He walked over to his dresser and changed. It was sunny and hot as he walked out putting on a straw hat.

"Better go get some seeds." He said as he started to walk down the path towards town. He took his bandanna out as he wiped the sweat from his face. It seemed like everything was hot and melting as he came into town.

He walked into Pierre's and that fresh cold air from his ac felt so good that Marcus didn't want to leave. "Oh man I need one of these "He said to Pierre as he walked up to the counter. "You know if you talk to robin and expand your house her package includes an ac unit "He said to me. Marcus raised an eyebrow he had enough cash to buy it and enough wood so he thought about it and as soon as he bought the seeds he needed he started to walk up to robins.

It felt good that he was walking under trees most of the way up the mountain. He smiled as he saw Maru walking down the path. "Marcus hey how are you doing?" she asked as she stopped. Marcus smiled at her as he stopped "I'm doing alright besides sweating to death. As a matter of fact I'm heading up to talk to your mother about upgrading my house. "Maru giggled then looked into his eyes. "Well if things get to hot your welcome to stay at our place." He blushed "Well I... I should be okay." She just smiled at him as she started to walk down the path again. "See you around. " She winked as she turned around.

He just smiled as he turned back and headed towards Robins house. He opened the door and there was Robin leaning on the counter. "Hey Marcus was wondering when you'd come up to visit." He laughed as he leaned on the counter "Actually I'm here on business I need one of your house upgrades." Her eyes lit up as she pulled out a work order sheet. "What will it be?" she asked him as he looked over the upgrades. "Hmm I can only afford this one but it has an ac unit right?" She nodded at him smiling. "Alright it'll take me about a week but I'll get it done for you."

He smiled as he handed her the money and began to leave. "Oh Marcus honey don't be a stranger now" She said as she waved goodbye. He nodded as he left and started to take the back way home. He liked taking this way through the forest it was relaxing and he really felt one at nature.

On the walk back home he saw a bird fly by making himself as he looked around. Suddenly a rustle was heard in the bush nearby as it shook. He walked over one eyebrow raised as suddenly a fluff of red hair came running out smashing into him. A tumble and a flop were heard as he felt someone on top of him. He looked up and saw those pretty blue eyes and red hair staring at him with a light blush on those cheeks it was Leah.

"Oh my gosh! Are you alright? "She asked him as she looked down. "I'm alright but could you get off of me" he said to her as he felt quiet uncomfortable at the position they were in. She blushed even more and got up off of him. He shook his head as she helped him up. "I'm so sorry Marcus I saw this really good looking spice berry but I accidently hit a bee's nest and started to run for my life." Marcus just chuckled lightly. "Or is this your way to bump into me?" He joked as she blushed more. "Hey Marcus would you like to join me for dinner? At my place maybe tonight?" She asked blushing as she put her left toe up turning it in the dirt looking at him hoping he would say yes. He blushed a bit but nodded in agreement. "Great! I'll see you around 7 tonight then!" With that she ran off towards her place as Marcus placed his hands in his pockets smiling as he started to walk home.