Chapter 17: Faith, trust, and Pale ale.

Walking into the saloon Jeb ordered them both a pale ale while he sat Marcus down who was in shock at the table. "Marcus come on you know she's hidden something." He said as he slid him the glass. "But. Abby said she saw a man coming to and from her house. What if she really did find someone else?" Just then Jeb stood up and slapped Marcus across the face.

"If ya gonna be that blind to the truth then ya don't deserve her !" With a loud flop Jeb sat back down as Marcus held his cheek before looking down at the ale. Suddenly Shane walked over along with Cliff and Sam and all sat down.

"Bruhh I need another drink." Shane said as he leaned on the chair looking at them. Sam smirked before leaning down on the table. "Hey Marcus seems like you've got woman troubles ? Can we help ?" While Cliff sat there for a moment. "Oh sure you'll help him with his troubles but not mine." Suddenly Cliff was shoved into his drink by Shane. "Your a lost cause Cliff." He said before looking back at Marcus. "So. She dumped you ?" Jeb smirked before folding his arms and looking at them. "No more like someone is bullying Leah into not being with Marcus forcing her to give back the pendant and what not." Sam, Shane, and Cliff looked at Jeb then looked at Marcus and as if reading each others mind's yelled at him at the same time "Idiot !" Having them all yell at him though made him fall out of his chair. Sam grabbed Marcus by the shirt and pulled him up. "Dude ! You have to fight for your girl ! I mean if you can call yourself a man then you have to !" Shane and cliff nodded in agreement.

Marcus still looking down clutched a fist that then began to shake. "Alright fine ! Then I need your help ! Abby said she had seen a guy going to and from Leah's house ! Have any of you noticed someone new in town ?" They all stopped to think for a moment. "I was to hammered to notice." Shane said then cliff shook his head while Sam was still thinking. "Come to think of it I did see a strange dude walking around town looked like he had just been giving a sour joja cola with a side of cold nachos." Well that was one way to put things.

Suddenly a man came bursting in laughing as he walked over to Marcus. "Well well if it isn't the country bumpkin that's been making moves on my girl !" he then leaned down "Names Kel and I've come to deliver a warning. Stay away from Leah if you know whats good for you. After all she'll be moving back to the city with me."

Hearing what Kel said Marcus folded his arms and leaned back before Leah came in shocked to see Kel there. "Kel ! You you promised to leave him alone !" Utter shock and worry was on her face when he walked over to her. "Listen babe. I do what I want when I want and if you get out line again well I'd hate to see what happens."

Leah then shoved him forcing him to land on the table. "Why you little !" Quickly he got up and raised his hand as about to hit her across the face when another hand grabbed his wrist. "Hey. Leave my wife alone !" Quickly Kel turned around only to get clocked in the face forcing him to land hard on the floor. Marcus had found his courage as it would seem but it would now have to be a test of his skill to manage this.

Kel got right back up and swung a fist at him hitting him across the check. Stumbling a bit he shook of the hit as everyone watched. Another swing and miss for Marcus but as Kel went in for another hit he blocked his fist with his arm landing a knee blow to the gut causing him to fall onto the ground holding his stomach. "There. Its over you're beaten." Marcus said before turning towards Leah and the others.

"Its not that easy Farmer boy !" Quickly Kel drew a knife and charged at him only to have Marcus move out of the way and grab his arm throwing him into the door causing him to go flying out where two state trooper were waiting arresting him.

Panting and wheezing a bit Marcus rested himself on his knees before laughing a bit. "Well thats my first fight I've ever won." The guys started laughing as Leah ran over and held him tight. "Marcus are you alright ?" He nodded before standing straight up and looked at her. "Wha-Whats wrong ?" She asked before the stern look he was giving her.

"I'm disappointed. I'm sorry but I am. Why couldn't you trust me, trust in us ?" he said as he folded his arms. She looked down fighting back tears. "You're right..I..I'm sorry." He shook his head then reached into his pocket. "Sorry doesn't cut it."

She then sat down on the chair still looking down. "I..I guess I ended us huh ?" there was no answer but the sound of something jingling in front of her. She looked up and saw the pendant in front of her. Quickly she grabbed it then looked up at him his hand resting on his thigh as the other one dangled in the air. "Ended huh ? No I think its just beginning but we have a long way to go such as learning to trust one another."

Smiling she jumped up planting a kiss on his lips. Well at least one problem was solved but it seemed there would be many more coming. Little did they know from the shadow of the saloon Morris watched ever so closely. What was his plans what was he thinking ?

Everyone knew that Joja had wanted to buy Marcus's land and that of the old community center. So now the real questions were forming.