Chapter 6

I'm screwed.

"Ummm... to the bathroom...?", I answer giving her a smile that screams 'please don't kill me'. It's not really what I was going for but this way maybe they'll shoot me or even stab me and I'll get to die quickly.

It's funny how death doesn't seem so scary anymore. I remember wishing for immortality as a kid. Now things are a lot simpler: you have to die to be happy, because this world is pretty fucked up. And I'm not talking about people who break into your house in the middle of night, kidnap you and kill your step mother, no. I'm talking about people who are so unsatisfied with their lives that make you want to take away your own. People that live on the pain that they cause to others

But these people seem a lot more... I don't know... they seem familiar. There's something about them that makes me feel like I'm back home. Only my mother could me feel like that. And now she's gone. Forever.

At least they have each other. Maggie wouldn't have survived a day in the real world without mom. I remember her asking about dad. I think I remember mom talking about him. But once we turned 7 she stopped. Like she didn't want us to remember. Like she just needed someone to talk to and we were her first choice because she knew we wouldn't remember.

When I was younger I remember spending hours thinking about why she didn't want us to know who our father was. Maybe he hurt her and she left him. Maybe he didn't want any kids. Maybe he doesn't even know we exist.

I exist. They don't. He's all I have left. If he's still alive, that is.

They all left a long time ago. I've been alone all this time. I just didn't want to accept it.

I'm all alone.

The blonde girl brings me back to real life.

"You think you can escape?". Her question is followed by an ironic laugh. "Cute".

Cute?

"Rebekah!", I hear the guy behind her call her name. "Be polite to our special guest!"

Special guest?

Now I get it! It's all for cash! That's why I'm not dead yet!

"I'm sorry to disappoint you guys but no one gives a shit about my fat ass", I say. My sentence is followed by an awkward silence. They're both looking at me like I just fell from the sky. Suddenly they take their eyes off of me and the look at each other. Then the both start laughing.

I give up. I have absolutely no idea what this people want from me.

"Silly girl", says the guy, "my sister and I aren't interested in you because of your non-existing money."

Sister? Oh, so it's a family business.

"Then what do you want?", I ask.

"Nik, why don't you explain her?", exclaims the girl next to him.

"Gladly! You're here because we-", his sister coughs in the sound of the word 'we'. I guess they're having family issues.

"I believe", he continues, "you know more than you want us to think you know"

What does that even mean?

"I'm Niklaus Mikaelson and this is my sister, Rebekah"

"This doesn't answer my question, though"

"Ah, correct!", he says. I can tell he's a bit disappointed that I don't recognize their name. "The truth is you'd be dead by now if it wasn't for my magnanimous sister and her unneeded curiosity." I thought so. "However, you're here with us now -which I think is terribly wrong. I guess you could say that it's because of your fake ignorance -by which my brainless sister seems to fooled- and the way you managed to resist compulsion and denied any relevance to vervain afterwards. Which only leads as to one conclusion: you're lying."

"Um... Okay?", I say confused. I didn't even get half of the stuff he just said. Not to mention the dizziness of the impact, plus; I just woke up.

Niklaus seems pretty pissed off. Oops. Rebekah, on the other side, seems to be enjoying this.

She slowly leans over his ear and she whispers: "I told you so"