Chapter 15

Bonnie stumbles in the chair behind her trying to get away from me. My eyes rush open as I take a short breath. What just happened?

For a second we just sit there staring at each other but soon she decides to break the silence.

"That was...", she starts a sentence but can't finish it. It's okay though, I know exactly what she means.

"Yeah...", I whisper. My breathing is heavy and my heart is beating so fast I swear it's gonna explode. I need to calm myself down. I try to control my breathing but it's no use.

"How did you...?". Again, she doesn't need to finish her sentence.

"I dunno"

"So you are a...". This time I'm not following. I slightly twist my head to the side basically asking her to explain.

"You know..."

I twist it a little more. I have no idea what she's talking about.

"A witch"

I open my mouth to say something but how am I supposed to respond to this?

"Uh. Yeah. Yeah totally. I also forgot to mention; my first name is Wicked. So yeah. Oh, sweet irony."

She smiles a little but then her eyes roll back to my arms. She just sits there staring for a little while but then she looks back at me.

"Wanna tell me what happened there?"

"Seriously? You've never seen scars before? Why do you-"

As I talk I roll my eyes but my stare locks at my arms. What the hell happened?! They're filled with bitemarks. Everywhere. I just sit there staring unable to say anything.

"Sweetie, if Klaus did that to you, it's okay, you can tell me, I'm like you", she tries to place her hand on my arm but I give her a strange look so she awkwardly places it back in her pocket.

"Yeah? Like me? Because your clean wrists and that hickey on your neck tell me otherwise"

She awkwardly tries to hide her neck with her hand. I take a look at her. I didn't mean that.

"I'm really sorry I didn't mean to be hostile like that. It's just that... I have no idea what's going on. I'm completely and totally lost and I... I guess I'm just taking it out on you. I'm sorry", I mumble.

"It's okay, really. And I didn't mean that I meant the witch thing. Honestly, I can't even imagine what you're going through with you moms death and your sister-"

"Wait what? How do you know about those things?!"

"The vision!", she rushes to answer. "Wait, you didn't have one?"

"Well, hallucination is what I would call it but I... I respect your beliefs and I'm not saying you're craycray or anything but, well yeah, you are a little craycray"

I see the look on her face and I quickly add "Just a little!"

"What? No, it's not like that. It was a vision. That moment when we touched... I don't know how to explain this but it's like... I lived your life, and you lived mine. I felt your pain, your happiness, your fear. It's what happened to you too; you were me.". I guess uncertainty is written all over my face because she continues, even more determined to make me believe her "I can prove it! Really! Just give me your hand!" She comes closer again and she tries to grab my hand, but I move away. As away as I can move, I'm stuck on this couch after all.

"I believe you", I say. I do. I may not be a witch but Bonnie definitely is. I mean, I was there when she found out. No matter how unreasonable she might sound it would be stupid for me not to believe her. And after all, she knew about my mother, my sister. She probably knows everything about me. Like I know everything about her.

"Now, remember, you can tell me anything. If Klaus hurt you, you can tell me. I will never let it happen again"

"Did you see him doing this to me?", I ask. I honestly have no idea what happened last night.

"No, I saw-"

Suddenly she stops. She seems confused.

"Give me your hand.", she demands. I give her that same strange look as before. "Just give me your hand!"

I reach for her touch and I watch her as she stares down at the ground. Her eyes light up and I'm not sure she's breathing. She looks up to me. For a second she stares at me blankly. And then she says:

"You did this to yourself"