Chapter 10

"A witch, maybe?", a girls voice brings me back to reality. It's not Bekah. That's weird.

"Wait, let me get this straight. This girl can't be compelled by either of you, but she's only allergic to Rebekah's blood", says the guy standing next to her. I haven't got a chance to look at them yet but I can hear them talking about me. Bekah, Nik and two strangers. More siblings probably.

I slowly open my eyes but the light on ceiling makes me close them instantly. I slowly make another try which is followed by a second one. When I finally manage to open my eyes I come to realize that this the same place I got stabbed before only much more lighter.

I got stabbed. Yet I feel no pain. What happened?! I bet they drugged me. But... the pain was too real... And the toxic thingy that Bekah put in my mouth? According to this guy it was only her blood! What kind of drug did they give me anyway?

"It wasn't an allergic reaction, stupid! It was like I spilled vervain all over her face!", yells Bekah

Do they even know I'm awake? Pretty doubtful if you ask me, but, who knows? Maybe they know I'm awake and they're yelling this shit to make me think it was real. Or maybe they drugged me once again causing the differences between imagination and reality to disappear. Maybe the strangers are people I have met before, buried in the depths of my memories, risen to cause me pain. The voices didn't sound familiar, though. But like I said, who knows?

"Why didn't you say so?! That's it! Vervain in your blood! Can we go home now?!", grumps another girl. Perfect. There's three of them! Or maybe five, or ten, or thirty, or god knows how many!

Without moving my head I try to locate the girl to whom the voice belongs.

As far as I can tell there's four of them: two guys and two girls. One of the girls is blonde, and she kinda looks like Bekah, and the other one is brunette but there's a red tuft in her hair. She's holding hands with one of the guys. His hair is black. There's one more guy standing next to the blonde girl. He seems kind of brunette... something like a brunetty blonde. His hair looks weird. I like it.

"Caroline can you pay attention for one second? This is serious! Don't you get it? Maybe there are more like her, waiting for the perfect moment to attack! Plus; they're definitely stronger than you", Bekah says. She sounds pretty worried. What does she mean by 'more like me'? How can they think I'm stronger than them I'm 14...

Ugh who cares? I'm just too tired to deal with this right now. Maybe tomorrow.

I close my eyes and within seconds sleep has already got to me.