Chapter 18

As Bonnie and the others leave the room Klaus glances at me. The next moment his standing over me. I sit up as I try to explain myself.

"Mr. Klaus, sir, I swear to you I do not-"

My wine is expectedly interrupted.

'Do you believe in fate, Jade?'

It is difficult to believe that such words came from his mouth. I take a moment to ask myself if this is yet another dream but I believe that is not the case.

'Uh... no. No, sir, I... I don't', I mutter. While it is rather difficult for me to make sense of all this I keep talking - for my sake. I can sense the tension in the room. There is some sort of heat to it all followed by the hopeless feeling of familiarity to the man I face. I'm laid on the couch where Bonnie last left me and Klaus has leaned over me staring right into my eyes. But still I follow my oldest rule trying to avoid eye contact at all costs. Nonetheless, I can still feel his stare looking at me with eyes wide open as if was death.

He tilts his head to the side waiting for me to break and look at him. After of what seems to be a few endless seconds he leaves and within a heartbeat's time he is standing in front of the window across the wall with both hands on his waist starring outside of it as if the world out of these four walls is a rather unfamiliar place to him. 'Hm.', he mutters but no trace of uncertainty is to be found in his little comment. 'Nor do I, to be perfectly honest with you.', he says with a tone in his voice that seems fearfully cheery. 'But it is in such moments that I wish of it's comfort'

'Fate's you mean?', I whisper softly.

'The idea of believing in it', he says as he turns around letting one arm fall to his side. I catch a glimpse of what could be a smile on his face and that only makes me that much more afraid. His mood is pretty flexible from what I can tell. Moments ago he was furious and anger like that does not just disappear; that is what frightens me most. 'So tell me, Jade', as he says my name he makes a dismissive move with his hand before it falls back onto his side,'how is it' he is talking slowly now spitting out each word 'that of all the doors in the city, I knocked on yours'

Before I even notice him moving he is standing right over me again, closer than ever. There is no time for me to take my eyes away, they are now locked in his and my; he looks intimidating. That anger that seemed gone before is all back in the surface now and if I were not scared before, now I definitely am. It as if within seconds I lose my ability to speak and soon after my tongue stumbles on all petty words and soft mutters 'I- I don't-'

'I guess there is only one way to know then' he says and across his face appears a wide smile. More frightened than ever I shut my eyes and try to curl up but it is only a failed attempt to escape what follows. I feel the sharp pain of his teeth sinking into my throat and within a few moments I feel my body collapsing into weakness. However, I do not make a sound. I have lost all faith to living as much as I have in life itself. I have no expectations whatsoever, nor do I know what is coming next. I only wish for explanations as to how things are happening because I must say; the why does not concern me - not in the least.

A/N: hey guys! I know that this is a very small chapter but I kind of just tried to wrap up Jade's story in this one. I have no idea if I'll be able to update again but for now I guess youll have to make do with this. Now don't freak out I'm not saying this is the end but... yeh. Anyways I wish a happy day to you all and i hope every single one of you is feeling okay. If you ever need anything Im right here I promise do not be afraid to message me. I can't emphasize this enough I AM LITERALLY ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU.

Bye for now my lovelies and I hope to talk to you again soon xx