Chapter 8

I was halfway to my bed when the door suddenly opens and the two siblings walk in. How did they get here so fast?

I act like nothing happened and slowly make my way to the bed. When I finally reach it I sit down and look at them frustratingly. It wasn't what I would call "the right choice" because they have the same look on their faces. Without taking her eyes off of me Nik says: "Bekah, can you tell me why the door wasn't locked please?"

Oh gosh, he's so stupid. These doors don't even have locks!

"Doors have to have locks in order for you to lock them, stupid", I say.

Wow, I really enjoyed that. Not to mention the look on his face right now. P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Sadly, it disappears quite quickly and he starts laughing.

I hear his sister scream something and before I know it he's just a heart beat away, pushing me against the bed. The smile is swiped off his face which is now consumed with the look of anger. He puts his hand on my neck as she whispers:
"Listen, you piece of junk. The only thing keeping you alive in here is me!", he says "My sister? I'm pretty sure the only thing she can think about right now is sinking her teeth into your neck", he continues as the pressure on my neck gets bigger and bigger. I gasp for air.

I'm 99% sure that Bekah said "don't". Okay maybe 80% sure but still...
He can't kill me. He won't! They need me. Don't they?

Urgh you only live once

"No, you listen!", I say and remove his hand from my neck. He didn't see that coming. "I know everything about you. And I mean everything! You wanna know my secret? I can assure you it's not vervain."

That was fun. Now let's just pray he'll buy it.

He looks surprised.

"Now would be the perfect time to get off of me", I say but he doesn't move. He's just standing there doing nothing. Looking at me, his eyes filled with hatred, ready to explode and let it all out on me. But his thirst for knowledge is way more strong than his passion for killing. He won't hurt me. Not yet at least.

"What do you mean it's not vervain?", he says

What is vervain, anyway?!

"Not so fast. First I want some new clothes. It's freezing in here! I also need you to take me someplace else. I don't like here! The lighting is awful! Not to mention those horrible beds and-"

Before I can finish my sentence Bekah grabs me and she sinks her teeeth into my neck. A scream slips out of my mouth while pain overflows my body.

I guess I was wrong.