Chapter 11

It's raining again. I used to love cold weather but right now I have no choice but to hate it. Especially since the only clothing I have on is my summer pajamas, that are now completely wet by the rain.

I think I can see someone standing, hidden in the shadows. I move closer and closer trying to get a better view of the person standing but the rain is really unhelpful.

"Hello?"

No answer.

The shadows slowly disappear as I walk towards the figure that I guess is a person.

"Hello?", I ask again. "Is anyone there?"

Suddenly the person turns his head towards me. It's a woman I think. She's holding something. She looks at me with her eyes filled with fear. She's scared that might hurt her.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna-"

"Where have you been?", she asks angrily.

"What?"

Maybe I was thinking out loud, I don't know. But her reaction came just as fast.

"It's cold out here, she could get sick!"

What is she even talking about? I'm starting to think that this woman is crazy so I take a another step moving closer to her, trying to calm her down. She seems really worried. It looks like she's trying to protect whatever it is she's holding. Her eyes are locked on a random point of the road, which makes her look even more crazy.

I reach out to gently touch her arm in my effort to calm her down when's suddenly I hear a familiar voice from behind my back.

"I'm sorry I'm late, love. I got caught up at work", he says.

"Klaus?! What are you-"

I take a step back confused. It took me a minute to understand: They can't see me. They can't hear me. They can't feel me. I don't exist.

"Cut the crap Klaus! Just take her and leave me alone!", she says angrily.

"Relax, love. Now, are you sure it's the right kid?", he asks trying to calm her down but she looks more worried than ever.

"Yes, positive", the woman says and she hands him what seems to be a baby girl.

Poor kid. Odds are she'll end up in an alley somewhere, murdered by the man in whose embrace she felt warm. I bet she won't live to be more that 15 years. Maybe not even 10.

"Please, Niklaus. Let me go now.", pleads the woman. Her attitude seems a lot a different. When I take a closer look her face is transformed to a strangely familiar one. Can it be her?

"Please", she says once again confirming that it really is her. Her eyes, her hair, nothing has changed. She hasn't changed since The Worst Day.

I want to reach out for her hand, I want her to hold me in her arms once again like she did when I was little. But when I look at her it's not the person I thought it was. It's Maggie, my sister. But it's not her either, it's Amanda. It's not Amanda, it's Rebekah.

"Wake her up now", she says.

What?