Part 11

//Sorry this chapter is a bit short. I wanted to save a chapter for the actual date. This is just the transition to the date, and a way to show the changing feelings in Bill.

"Don't move."

"But it's hot!"

"Don't move! I'm too comfy."

"It's about time you got up anyways. You're such a lazy bum."

"I'll lazy your bum in a second."

"That sounds gross and also nonsensical, so I'm gonna have to refuse."

Both Bill and Sapphire were curled up in her bed. Sapph occupied the right side, while Bill was supposed to be occupying the left. Instead, he was curled up in a fetal position with his legs wrapped around her small body, ultimately trapping her.

"Bill, I kid you not, I can't breathe."

"If you couldn't breathe, you wouldn't be able to talk."

"Bill!"

He grinned, "Aw, little Sapphie can't handle me being so close to her. Cute. You get all hot and bothered; that's why you can't breathe."

"I really should kick your teeth in for being so narcissistic!" Sapph's cheeks burned as she squirmed out of his leg jail, sitting up and shivering once she came into contact with the cool air. The greenette glanced back at the blonde, who lay with his arms behind his head and a content smirk on his face. It made her blush worsen. But she soon returned the grin.

"This next week is gonna be husband-training."

That certainly caught Bill's attention, making him sit up too, "Excuse me.. Husband-training, you said?"

"Mhm. If you're gonna be my 'husband' for a bit until Esperanza leaves me alone, you're going to need some training. As of right now, you're completely unfit for any romantic relationship. Even just pretending to be in one would be a living nightmare for both people involved."

"Well.. I suppose you're right."

"Of course I am. Now we have to get ready first. Go pick out an outfit and I'll do the same."

_____________________________________________

"Did you read the wiki page tips?"

"Yes, but anyone can edit these, right? How do you know they're correct?" Bill stared at the screen on the laptop. His nose scrunched up. Some of these things were absolutely vile. Honesty? Communication? Romance? Now he remembered why he's never been interested in commitment.

"It's wikihow. Just go with it." Sapph put both of her hands on his shoulders, staring him in his one good eye. Now that he took a look at her, he saw she was wearing a short dress. It had a sweetheart neckline, and the top portion was white, while the bottom was crimson and frilly. He cursed at himself for admitting she looked actually cute.

"What's with the getup?"

"We're going on a date!"

"A-A date?"

"A date!"

Bill began to sweat. His hands were clammy and his cheeks were reddening. He was feeling a bit jittery too. This was such a strange and foreign feeling to him. He was starting to regret this body. He remembered his talk with Juliet a couple nights ago. This must have been that human feeling called "anxiety".

Sure, the demon had felt a bit anxious before in his normal form, but it was never portrayed quite like this before. This was the human reaction. And boy did it cause him discomfort.

"Aw, is little Billy Willy nervous~?" Sapph cooed, pinching his cheeks, only for them to grow hotter as he swatted her hands away.

"No way! You know I can't get nervous! What a stupid thing to say, Princess!" He was quick to play it off cool, chuckling dryly as he stood up. "Let's go on that date... Although this whole thing has to be in your hands. I don't have a single clue how this human ritual works."

"I uh..." The greenette trailed off. "I've n.. Be.. On a.. D.. Before..."

"What..?"

"I said I've.. N-Never been on a date before..."

".. I have an excuse, but you mean to tell me that you haven't been on a date before in the 1,501 years you've been alive?"

"Nope..." Sapph's face turned pink as she rubbed her arm in embarrassment. "I almost went on one once, but the guy I was with stood me up and pretended I didn't even exist after that."

Oddly enough, that struck a nerve with the blonde. It actually made him.. Angry. His fists clenched slightly, but he had to calm himself down. There was no way that he was going to let her know that it made him angry.

"Then.. Let's make sure this is the best damn date either of us has been on!" Bill grinned, standing.

Step four of Showing Her You Care: Be romantic.

From what he had read, being romantic didn't seem that hard to replicate. All he had to do is do things that made her happy, yes? Be romantic.

Using some of the power that he had, he quickly conjured up a rose, whipping it out from behind is back and bowing with a grin as he presented it to her, "Roses are a sign of romance, right? Here ya go!"

Sapph flinched slightly, jumping back and staring wide-eyed at the flower. It took her a moment to recollect herself and notice what he was doing. But once she did, she smiled and began to laugh, making Bill's grin widen.

Seeing her happy made him happy too.

"I appreciate that you're trying. I gladly accept your rose~" She snickered, plucking the flower from his hand and tucking it behind her ear.

Then, almost from out of nowhere, Bill took the liberty of scooping the succubus up into his arms bridal-style. "In all those romance movies, the guy always picks the girl up like this! Now let's get outta here and have ourselves a date!"

The greenette's cheeks burned red, and she had to wrap her arms around his neck to keep her balance. She stared at him for a second, then began to laugh again and nod, "Let's go!"