Part 12

//It's gonna get a liiiiittle steamy in this one--

"So.. Where do you wanna go?"

"Wherever you want to go."

"But.. I dunno where to go."

Bill carried Sapph as he walked, her reply soft as she didn't want to disturb the peace. The sun was setting and the sky was dark and orange, mixed with an array of purples, blues, and pinks. There was almost no one outside other than them, which Sapph didn't mind. She really quite enjoyed the silence. It just gave her and Bill the alone time they needed.

"Right here is fine, right? You're enjoying yourself. It's a bit harder to read your mind from this vessel, but that's the vibe you're giving me." He glanced to her.

"Y-Yeah. Right here.. Oh, there's a lake not too far from here. Let's go over there." The girl offered, Bill nodding in response.

The two soon made it to the lake. It was beautiful, with the sky reflecting off of the water and the ripples it made when a stone was thrown into it.

The two were laying in the grass just off the bank, staring up at the sky. Bill took this chance to look over at Sapphire.

Her hair was draped over her shoulders, her bangs spread to reveal her eye. Her plump lips were curled into a small smile, and her cheeks were a rosy red. Her legs were crossed, and her arms laying down at her sides. The wind blew softly, the breeze making the grass around her flutter. She looked exactly like a princess, despite the fact that she already was.

What a strange feeling he was getting from her. Just the mere sight of her like that made his face grow warm. His heart rate sped up a bit, and he began to get a bit sweaty again. It almost felt like the anxiety he had earlier. But no, this was something far different. It wasn't something he could simply describe. But from what Juliet had told him, this was that dreaded feeling that humans felt all too often. That feeling that they got when they saw that special someone.

That feeling was love.

Just thinking about it made Bill inwardly cringe.

He was a dream demon. Actually, far more superior than that. He was practically a god to these meatsacks on Earth. For him to feel this made absolutely no sense. Yet here he was, feeling exactly that.

What was the point of fighting it? Unbeknownst to Sapph, Bill was never going to be the same after being erased. Even using her power to recharge, in the end, he would never be able to harness enough energy to leave this silly dimension, nor pull another act like Weirdmageddon.

Sure, he could leave her when the deal was done, but what would be the point? He wouldn't be able to exist in the real world again. He would be just like he used to; only able to access people through their minds.

Besides, humans were a bore. At least Sapphire could keep up with him and his shenanigans. She understood him and where he was coming from with what he did.

Bill didn't particularly feel like leaving her, nor did he feel like liberating this dimension.

He didn't quite know. He would have to think about it.

"Enjoying the view?"

Sapph's soft soprano voice cut through the silence.

Much to Bill's embarrassment, as he was thinking, he had neglected to look away from her. He cleared his throat, turning back away to stare up at the sky again and try to keep from blushing anymore than he was.

"I-I'm supposed to say 'Of course I am', r-right..? That's what husbands do? Say that their.." His voice wavered as he sputtered out, "W-Wife is a good view?"