(12)

"When I say Zayn is fond of you, I mean he really is fond of you Michael" Louis says as he lets the four men enter his house. "Everyone likes Michael" Calum says patting Michael's back.

"Yeah, especially Calum" Luke says earning a glare from the tan boy, his cheeks red. "Don't say I didn't warn you. He keeps talking about you all the time" Louis says leading them to the kitchen.

Harry looks up from the stove, "Hey guys" "Hi Harry" they say in unison. "Where's Zayn?" Ashton asks, he notices the toddler's toys but not him. "He's hiding, I'm not supposed to tell where he is"

Calum smiles noticing a pair of little feet sticking out from under the kitchen table. He quickly nudges Michael's arm motioning to the feet, "Oh where is our little Zaynie?" he asks loudly.

Zayn covers his mouth trying not to giggle. After a while Michael grabs his feet pulling him out from the table making him scream loudly, "No cheat Mikey!" Zayn exclaims when the older man picks him up.

Zayn grins hugging him, "I miss you guise" he says waving at Calum, Ashton, and Luke.

"We came to visit you buddy, we're gonna be hanging out while daddy and papa go out" Zayn frowns looking over at Louis and Harry, "Y-You come back?"

"Of course Zee, Daddy I will come back. We just need to run some errands" Harry reassures him, kissing his cheek. "Otay" he says calming down.

"Alright so no wild parties or drinking" Harry says sternly. Ashton nods, "We promise, well order pizza and eat junk" Zayn nods grinning, "I wike junk"

"Not too much or you'll get a tummy ache" Harrry says poking his pudgy stomach before grabbing his jacket. "Have fun and do not destroy the house" Louis says giving them all a look. "Okay"

Louis made sure to give Zayn a kiss before following Harry. Zayn pout, "Dey come back wight?"

"Of course bub, for now you get to hang out with all of us" Calum says making Zayn clap excitingly

- - - -

"So how is it going?" Eleanor asks, smiling at the married couple. "Amazing, he's really opening up" Harry says with a grin.

Louis shows her a picture, "Yeah, we went to the park the other day and he loved it"

Eleanor smiles at the picture of Zayn wearing a some dark green overalls, he was on the slide smiling brightly at the camera.

"I'm so happy to hear that, I was so nervous when I dropped him off" Louis nods, "We we're too honestly, the first couple of days we're iffy but it's normal now"

Harry nods, "We just wanted to know if we could officially adopt Zayn instead of fostercare him"

Eleanor hums, "So you're genuinely sure?" "Never been more sure in our lives" "Great, I'm honestly ecstatic. Zayn finally gets to have a home" she gushes pulling out some paperwork.

Harry smiles excitingly, "I can't wait to see the little look on his face" "Has he met your family yet?"

"We were going to that next week" "Hopefully it goes as plan, Zayn is still iffy around new people" Louis says rubbing the back of his neck

"Well I'm sure he'll adjust soon enough" "Eh, my family is really loud compared to Harry's" Louis says as Harry gives him a pen, beginning to sign the papers

"Y'know you can always get them to be quiet for him?" "I'll try" Louis says worriedly. Harry nudges his arm, "We'll be fine" he says pointing him to the line to sign.

Louis chews on his lip quietly, generally he hopes that Zayn will adjust because he doesn't the toddler to be scared. Zayn doesn't like things too loud, Louis thinks the boy will be in hell just being in the same room with his family

- - - -

Harry frowns opening the front door, "We're home!" He shouts, looking around the clean house. "Holy shit, everything was where we left it" Louis says with a grin

"In here!" Calum yells, Harry smiles holding the papers under his arm as he leads Louis to the kitchen

"Papa!" Zayn shouts sliding off of Michael's lap, rushing to hug his legs. Harry sets the papers on the kitchen island grinning, "Oh I missed you so much" Harry says hugging him

"Where is your shirt?" Louis asks, raising an eyebrow at the shirtless boy. "Ash say weal men no wear shirts"

Harry scoffs, "But your my little baby, besides Ashton isn't a man. He's a big kid" Zayn wrinkles his nose to laugh

"I am a man, just ask Luke" Luke rolls his eyes, "How am I gonna prove that?" "I dunno, your my bestfriend here. Back me up"

"No thanks" he says, eating the left over cookie that hadn't been touched. Harry placed Zayn on the kitchen island, "Me and daddy want to talk to you buddy"

"I in twouble?" Zayn asks frowning. "No buddy, daddy and I just want to talk" Zayn swings his little legs, "Otay, bout what?" Louis wrinkles his nose a little at how cute he is

"So how do you feel about officially being apart of the family?" Harry asks making Zayn's face drop.

Louis swallows hard, starting to get nervous at the way Zayn was looking at them. "I thought I alweady was"

Harry smiles brightly at toddler, "You are" he says picking him up to hug him tightly. Michael holds his heart, "Aw guys, you're making my eyes sweat"

Calum smacks his arm, "You're ruining their moment!" He says frowning. Louis grins kissing Zayn's forehead, "You okay buddy?"

Zayn nods smiling, "Yeah" he says, hugging Harry tightly. He never thought he'd finally have a family, a better one at that

"Hey we're gonna head out, we have an interview in the morning" Luke says with a sad smile.

Zayn pouts, "No go" "We'll be back, how about we skype you tomorrow?" Michael  asks making Zayn nod.

"Give us hugs" Ashton says making grabby hands. Harry set Zayn down turning to Louis, "It's official" he says, wiping his teary eyes.

Louis pecks his temple, "Aw don't cry, this is supposed to be a happy moment" he says, pulling him close to his chest

"I am, it's just I didn't think we'd actually have a son" Harry says with a watery smile. His heart flutters when he turns to look over to the small three year old giving the four man highfives

He's happy that he gets to say, that's his son.