Prologue

Hi guys! Okay so this is my first time ever posting a story on Wattpad and this is the first story I've ever written of this length, or of any length for that matter; unless you count the story I wrote during my GCSEs a few years back! I am a uni student so expect short chapters. 

I'm not copying anyone and this is my idea so please don't steal!

Anyway, please give it a chance and enjoy! 

Dedicated to CookieMonstrbook for helping me with the title!

~*~

Prologue

I ran.

I could hear shouting behind me but I forced myself to continue running. My lungs were burning and tears stung my eyes. My cheeks felt flushed due to the wind hitting my face. Adrenaline pumped through me as I tried to get away - get away from the people that hurt me most. I could feel my ribs complaining and I was pretty sure I had broken something. I don’t know how long I was running for and judging by how I felt; it was like I had run a triathlon.

I couldn’t go on anymore so I stopped. I hunched over to catch my breath. Tears poured out and I furiously wiped them away. I looked around to see it was almost getting dark. I was by some park and I didn’t know which park it was since I knew I hadn’t been here before. I needed a miracle or something because the pain in my ribs intensified and I found myself gasping for air.

I collapsed. The cool ground helped a little. Something poked me in my back; I reached behind to pull it out. My phone. I stared at it and almost started crying again with happiness. I fumbled with it and dialled the number. A number I thought I would never dial in my entire life. A number I was told not to dial. A number that might practically save me.

*Ring-Ring*

The phone rang a few times. I was getting impatient and just when I was about to hang up, someone picked up.

‘’Hello?’’ That voice. I hadn’t heard it since I was five years old. I started sobbing.

‘’Hello? Who’s there? Are you OK?’’ The voice sounded worried.

In a small voice I replied, ‘’Daddy?’’

So prologue done. I hope you guys read on. Feedback would be appreciated.

Vote. Comment. Like.