Chapter 3

Chapter 3

You know the feeling you get when you meet your long lost best friend? You feel giddy and excited because you haven’t seen them in a long time for whatever reason but you don’t have to worry about it being awkward because you are just that close with them? Yeah, that feeling is what I was experiencing right now.

"Calm down, Nina."

I turned to look at my childhood best friend, Ali. She is the typical brunette nerd and has the slight case of OCD, if you ask me. But she calls it being organised and prepared.

"How can I calm down when I’m meeting him after all those years!" I’m practically jumping from excitement.

"You are so weird."

I roll my eyes and am about to reply but my eyes land on him. A huge grin splits across both our faces before I run like a chicken on the loose and throw myself at him. He laughs and spins me around before setting me back down.

"Ah, my Nini has grown so much!" He sighs dramatically and I hit him on the chest.

"Yeah, so have you, Chasey," I smirk at him as he scowls at his nickname.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Chase Evans. The six-feet blonde, blue-eyed idiot is the star in almost every girl’s wet dream. He is also my best friend since diapers days.

Let’s rewind. Chase, Ali and I have been together since we practically born. Ali also happens to be Chase’s cousin. Our parents were best friends and we were once upon a time, neighbours.

We were the three musketeers.

"How have you been?" he asks softly and I know what he is talking about: back home. I sigh.

"I’ve been better but I like it here in New York." I smile at him.

He beams. "Of course you do! Now that I’m back we have a lot of catching up to do! I heard you started school, how is that working out for you? Any boys that I need to take care of?"

"Whoa slow down. One question at a time and school is… interesting and no, no boys."

Ali snorts and we both look at her questioningly. "She doesn’t hang out with me in school, let alone sit with at lunch. She practically ignores me and told me to act as if I don’t know her. Nina is currently the newest victim of Nicole Bishop."

I groan as she just gave out to Chase that I was being bullied. You see Chase is very protective of the both of us and he could go to extremes when he wanted to teach someone a lesson.

Instantly his smile is wiped off his face and he turns to me with a stern stare which I try to ignore. "What? Why didn’t you tell me? I can get-" I cut him off.

"I’m fine Chasey. Besides, I got her back for it." I smile mischievously at him and he raises an eyebrow at me. Funnily the gesture reminds me of Cole. Cole? Why the hell am I thinking about him?

"I knew it! I knew it was you, it couldn’t have been someone else!" Ali exclaims loudly. I roll my eyes at her. Who else was it going to be?

"Somebody wanna fill me in?" Chase asks. I tell him about her welcome speech and how I found out that she was deathly afraid of spiders and put them in her locker. Chase laughs and then we’re all laughing. See I loved moments like these. Totally random. And now I couldn’t stop as the tears roll down my face and soon the other two follow.

After we have calmed down, we head to my house. Both my parents are out on some business trip which means I get the house to myself. We ordered pizza because who doesn’t love pizza? Wait, that’s a total cliché question.

"So, tell me Nini, why don’t you hang out with our bestie here?" he points at Ali.

"Just… because I want to get to know the people at my school," I reply easily and shrug. He nods thoughtfully.

"You should see her outfits," Ali visibly shudders. I chuckle slightly. "She wears layers of tops with a baggy cardigan and skirts, long skirts! She wears fake glasses and puts her gorgeous hair up in a bun. I mean I can totally arrange for all those outfits to be immediately removed but I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out what goes in that head of hers."

I groan. "For once Ali, try not to go into PA mode? Please?"

She sighs and just shakes her head at me. After prancing around the house and stuffing ourselves with junk food, we are now in my king-sized bed with Chase in the middle and Ali on the other side. Since I’m home alone, they decided to stay the night.

We’re just talking about endless things as none of us can actually sleep. Chase is experiencing jet lag from his trip whilst I’m wide awake and feel like I have too much energy in me which is making me restless. Ali is just… awake.

"How about we watch a movie or something?" Chase suggests. We all agree and put in Casino Royale. About halfway through the movie, I feel myself start to drift and before I know it I’m out.

So this cahpter was sort of only to introduce Ali and Chase... a bit of a filler, I know. Oh well, enjoy :)

Don't forget to vote!