Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning seemingly in a good mood. Stretching in my bed, I slowly opened my eyes to see I had practically 10 minutes to get ready. Taking the quickest shower in probably world history, I pulled out a black top which had ruffles on it and wore my usual leather pants. Putting my boots on and grabbing my leather jacket, I slid down the railing of the staircase.

“Breakfast?” Mom asked.

I shook my head. “Running late.” She still thrust an apple at me. Then she looked at my attire and asked, “So you’re back to being yourself?”

I smirked and nodded. She just shook her head at me. “Are you taking the bus?”

“Nope, I’m taking my bike.” She looked surprised at me because I was taking my baby. As I made my way out, I zipped my jacket and put my hair up before putting the helmet on. I revved the engine before speeding out the driveway.

As I got to school, I saw the last few people going in. I hurriedly got off and made my way to first class. I was huffing by the time I reached Calculus and Mr. Lee looked up and scrutinised me and my outfit. I made my way to my seat and sat down feeling everyone’s gaze on me.

By the time lunch rolled around, I realised that people would actually stop and stare at me as I passed; some even making way for me as if I was royalty. The minute I opened the cafeteria door, everyone went silent. I looked around to see them staring at me; some with awe whilst others, like Nicole, in hatred. I could practically feel the boys’ eye-raping me. Rolling my eyes, I paid for my food and went at sat at my usual table with Jess and Marissa. The two looked like a deer caught in the headlight. What? Just because everyone now knew I was rich and popular didn’t mean I was going suddenly join the cheerleading squad and sit at the popular table in the middle of the cafeteria.

I sighed. “Don’t you people have the next party to gossip about?” I snapped at everyone and immediately chatter started. I looked to see Jess and Marissa still staring at me. “What?”

“Y-you… you’re famous?” Jess stuttered.

I rolled my eyes. “I wouldn’t say that famous. I mean I’m no Jennifer Lawrence.”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” I eyed Marissa. Always the sensible one.

I shrugged. “It’s not that I didn’t trust you, it’s just I didn’t want anyone to know.”

At the end of the day, I made my way out when I noticed a crowd. I furrowed my brows and went towards it. People started to back off as I approached. It was mostly guys and a few girls. I looked at each one of them curiously as to why they were crowding. As the circle opened, I noticed Cole standing next to my baby. I went over to him and cleared my throat. He looked up wide-eyed and stared at me.

“Um… you’re in my way.”

“This… this is yours?” he asked. I nodded and he stared at me, looking from my Ducati to me and back in awe. Barbie was obviously there: killjoy.

“C’mon babe. It’s only a bike. Besides my car is better.” I scoffed and she looked at me questioningly.

“A BMW versus my Ducati? I admit the M3 is good but nothing compared to this,” I said pointing at my bike.

I made my way over to my bike and Cole moved out the way. I got on and put my helmet on; all the while everyone just stared at me. Rolling my eyes, I reversed out and drove away.

 ---------------

The rest of the week passed just like that. Cole would just stare at me in lesson and I would only reply to him if he asked a question. Barbie was still glaring hatred towards me but I would just give her a bored look to which she would fume even more, every time.