Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Okay so maybe it was a little awkward stripping on a lunch table but it had to be done. Nicole scrunched her nose up. “Nobody wants to see you naked, you freak!”

“Shut up,” I snapped and the whole cafeteria gasped. Nicole looked wide-eyed at me. I had just told Barbie to shut up, in front of almost the entire student body. That has had to hurt her ego a little.

“How dare you tell me to shut up?!” she screeched and I just rolled my eyes, removing my sweater. Barbie was about to say something else but stopped when I took the first layer of one of many tank tops off and she realised I wasn’t already half naked by now. She was looking at me in confusion and I could feel every other gaze on me. This was my spotlight and seeing as I was on a roll, I may even get over with it. They were bound to find out someday. I stopped after two layers and quickly pulled my phone out to text Ali who was sitting across the cafeteria from me.

Me: I want Dana on TV, live, right now. Tell her I’ll get her that interview.

With that, I continued to remove the five layers until I reached my last layer which was a black fitted top. Keeping my eyes still on Nicole, I pulled down my skirt to reveal my leather pants. Then I reached for my bag and swapped my sneakers for 3 inch heeled boots. Letting loose my bun, I shook my hair out. Finally, I removed my fake glasses. If there was an Oscar for getting the best reaction out of someone, I would win it because currently Nicole was staring at me like she couldn’t believe I was really there. Looking around the cafeteria, every single person was in shock. Maybe that’s an understatement because each of their jaws were dropped, even Cole’s. Looking at the glasses in my hand, I broke them into two before looking around for Luke. Without a second thought, I threw a piece at Luke’s mouth. I laughed.

“Lukeee,” I sang. “You have been obsessed with my Harry Potter glasses for quite some time now and now look! You are choking on them.” I laughed again before growing serious. Turning my hardened gaze on Nicole, I said, “My name is Nina D’Von.” My voice boomed in the silent cafeteria. I then asked the dinner ladies for the remote for the TV that was mounted on the wall at the far ends. Apparently, the student body had requested for a TV to be put in the canteen so they can have music in the background as they ate. I changed the channel to the one Dana, a journalist and TV presenter, works for and I saw that she was wrapping up whatever she was saying. I turned the volume up.

“Hello and welcome to E! TV. I am Dana Ward as some of you may already know,” she laughed. “I have some important news to tell you guys! Nina D’Von has finally agreed to have an interview with me on this very show and channel. For those of you who don’t know, Nina is the daughter of George D’Von and the heiress to one of New York’s finest hotel, The Plaza Hotel. She is also family friends with the famous designer, Mr. Christian Louboutin.” I listened bored, examining my nails. The reason I said no to her for an interview was because she over-exaggerates when she talks, like she’s doing now.

She continued, “However, one last thing before you go, I have some juicy news for you. Nina was spotted at a diner, getting cosy with Hollywood’s heartthrob, Chase Evans.”

I snapped my gaze to the screen. What? She showed three pictures of me and Chase laughing and if I didn’t know better, you could say we looked like a couple out on a date. Speaking of Chase, did I mention he is a teen actor? “That’s right ladies, The Chase Evans. Mm, jealous! Do you think there’s anything going on between the duo? Let us know your thoughts by email…” and etc. I met Ali’s eyes and raised a brow. Me and Chase? She just shrugged in response.

Switching the TV off, the silence that followed was deafening. Deciding to break it I said, “Wow, look at all your faces,” I chuckled. “You’re probably thinking why the pretence? Well that’s easy. If you all knew who I really was from the beginning then I would end up as Luke’s girlfriend and Queen Bitch’s best friend by the end of first week,” I said nodding my head in Nicole’s direction. She was too flabbergasted to respond to me calling her a bitch. “When in reality, we all know what kind of person Nicole is and can be; the same with Luke. I didn’t want her to take advantage of me just because I was rich and popular,” I finished. It was followed by more silence.

I jumped down from the table and walked out the cafeteria, leaving every single person in disbelief. I was just going to ditch the last two periods. Making my way out, I aimlessly walked around, reaching a park in the process. Only a few children were running around playing but other than that, it was quite empty. Deciding to explore the park, I came across a pond. There were swans in the lake and the sun was shining on the water. I sat on a bench directly across from it and just admired the scenery; it was too peaceful out here.

The sunset looked beautiful and I realised I had been here for quite some time so I decided to head home. I hadn’t opened the door fully before Ali came rushing towards me. I rolled my eyes at her. “So, that’s why you wore those outfits?” I nodded and we went to my room. Plopping down on my bed, I stared at the ceiling.

“Yeah, I have had it with people taking advantage of me,” I replied quietly and Ali looked at me sympathetically. After she went home, sleep embraced me. 

Her past will be revealed just not yet... Short update but next one will be sooner and longer! Don't forget ta vote :D