Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I could practically feel his hot gaze on me as I descended the stairs. Determined not to look at him just yet, I focused on the stairs; I didn’t want to fall and embarrass myself. Once I set my feet safely on the ground in my 5 inch heels that I had the courage to look up. My breath caught as my gaze connected with his. They were considerably darker and his hair was styled in a little rugged way which made him look sexy, not that he isn’t already. The tuxedo fit him like a glove and I could practically see the buttons almost straining against his muscles. I looked back up to see he was checking me out as well. I blushed.

Cam whistled. “Wow, Ninzi.” I gave him a small smile before walking up to Cole. He knew I was going to his date by now as Ali had already informed him. Everyone started making their way out to the limo and Cole blinked when Cam smacked him.

Mr. Webbs was one of our hotel’s competitors and he and I didn’t get along, at all. He thought he was better than us and I didn’t mind putting him in his place each time. Like us, he owned many hotels but nothing as big as ours.

Looking around, the entrance had a royal blue carpet and brown framed glass doors. Inside, pillars were scattered here and there and a chandelier hung from the tall ceiling above. There was an area cleared in the middle as a dance floor and people mingled whilst some drank free wine at the bar. Everyone stared at me. I looked around confused when I noticed that their gazes were on my dress. Looking down at my white dress and up at the room again, I smirked inwardly; I was the only one in white.

Chatter resumed shortly. “Here comes Mr. Webbs,” Ali said gaining my attention. I looked to my left to see him pushing past people slightly, his eyes on us. I faced him with confidence as he scrutinised my dress. The bimbo half his age who was hanging off his arm was eyeing Cole like he was some kind of meat. I clenched my fists. Huh. Why do I care how someone looks at him? Girls look at him like that all the time.

“I think you got the dress code wrong, Nina.” His voice held slight irritation.

“Mr. Webbs. Good evening to you too!” You could hear the sarcasm in my voice. “You see on the invitation, it just said black and white so I assumed you could wear all white. Maybe you should be more specific next time.”

His eyes flashed in anger and I titled my head at him. Bimbo cleared her throat. “Won’t you introduce us to these lovely people?”

Translation: Introduce her to Cole.

“Ah, yes, um… this is Nina D’Von as you may already know and this is…” he looked at Cole in confusion.

“My date,” I finished. Bimbo smiled sweetly at him before untangling herself from Mr. Webbs.

“You are quite handsome. Have you ever thought about modelling?” Cole looked uncomfortable and it made me slightly irate at how she was running her hands down Cole’s chest. I glanced at Mr. Webbs and he looked like he didn’t care or more like he was taking in my outfit.

“Um… no,” Cole muttered, trying to get out of her grip that was on his arm now.

“Mr. Webbs,” I started and he looked up at me slightly flustered. “What a lovely lady you have here. Won’t you introduce us?” I asked using the same tone Bimbo had a while ago. Chase and Ali smirked.

“Right, this is my date, Michelle.”

I turned to Michelle who still had her hand on Cole’s chest before turning back to Mr. Webbs.

“Well, I suggest that you put a leash on your date and have Michelle get her hands off my date before I do it for her,” I snapped, my voice holding both fake sweetness and sarcasm. Bimbo let go immediately and turned red. Our group snickered and I smirked at her. She huffed before dragging Mr. Webbs away into the crowd.