Chapter 19

AN: I had written this a while back - just didn't get round to actually uploading it! 

Chapter 19

It was the perfect night to race. There weren’t too high wind currents and it wasn’t too hot either which meant I wasn’t going to boil in my leather pants, leather jacket and leather gloves. I looked around. The crowd was ecstatic. They all knew who I was. Some were staring in awe whilst others in hatred. I shrugged. Haters gonna hate.

A red haired girl caught my attention as she was making her way to the front of the crowd. I squinted my eyes and realised it was Jessie. She was here too? Then I saw the people around her and saw all of them were her. That included Cole… and Barbie? I walked up to them.

“I didn’t think this was your scene,” I told Barbie. “I thought you would probably be at home having a crisis over what colour to paint your nails next.” Cam as usual laughed out loud seemingly ignoring Barbie’s glare and Ali chuckled. Jess and Marissa were laughing quietly as the other jocks that had also come looked anticipated. I wasn’t here to fight.

Ali looked behind me and her eyes widened. I was about to ask her what happened when a throat cleared behind me. “I didn’t know you were coming, doll face.” A smirk threatened at my lips as I saw the guys size him up. I still hadn’t turned around so I could only see the reaction on everyone’s faces. Ali rolled her eyes, Jess and Marissa looked confused, Cam had his eyebrows furrowed, Barbie was obviously eye-raping him and Cole was… Well Cole looked slightly irritated.

Slowly turning around, I came face to face with a smirking Antonio. He looked deceiving as usual, his attire the same as mine: all black and leather, his helmet tucked underneath his arm, his eyes shining mischievously, his rugged look all but screamed dangerous. I checked him out and he did the same to me. “What has it been, a year?”

“A year too long.”

“Why did you run away then?” He narrowed his eyes at me precariously but I was unfazed.

“I’ve been training,” was all he said.

“I’m sure you have,” I replied putting a hand on my hip. He continued to check me out.

“Gotta say though, you’ve definitely grown,” he said, his eyes lingering on my chest. Bastard.

“Hmmm, I guess I have but I couldn’t say the same about you.” I smirked at his slightly flustered face.

“Well, I’ll see you up there,” he said pointing at the road behind us.

“You will.”

“I’m going to win this time, Nina.” He looked smug.

“We’ll see.”

“We sure will.” He checked me out once more. “How about I buy you a drink after you lose, just in case you need it?”

I shook my head at him. “Too confident for your own good, Toni.”

“Well, what can I say, a man has to be.” He replied smirking. There was probably an innuendo in there seeing as this was Antonio but I paid it no heed. He kissed my cheek before he left. I turned back round to my group to see a mixture of different emotions. Some confusion and amusement to anger. The latter emotion being on Cole’s face. I furrowed my brows, what crawled up his pants?

“Who was he?” Barbie asked still staring at Antonio’s retreating figure.

“Antonio. He’s won races before, before he met me.”

“So he doesn’t win anymore?” Cam asked.

“He does, when I’m not racing.” Barbie looked at me to say ‘as if’.