A World Of Pain

Ed's POV
I looked at him. "Wha-What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" I exclaimed. He chuckled.

"Envy, go get that philosophers stone." He demanded. Envy nodded and ran out the room. A few moments later, he came back holding a bottle, with a red liquid in it. The more I stared at it, the more I began to slightly panic.

"Y-You're going to turn me i-into a homunculus?!" I exclaimed. The man smiled creepily.

"I'm glad you catch on quickly. Now, just hold still, and this is all end quickly." He replied, making me freeze. I was completely defenseless. Al wasn't here. Neither was Roy or anyone else. Just me and the other homunculi. Envy grinned as he walked towards me.

"I've always wanted to see how the pipsqueak would react to this." He chuckled. I gritted my teeth as Envy took out the liquified stone, and slapped it harshly into my shoulder. I gritted my teeth again, to keep from crying out. These bastards wanted a reaction from me. And they weren't going to get one. I found myself surrounded in a black and red void.

"Huh.....? Is anyone there?!" I called out.

"Human." Was the only reply. I whipped my head around to find the source.

"Who are you?!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, I heard a chuckle.

"I, am Pride. The new controller of this body." He responded.

"No way! I'm not gonna let you take control!" I retorted. Another chuckle.

"And how will you do that? Your just an arrogant fly." He questioned.

"DON'T CALL ME LITTLE!" I yelled. "My my. You really are arrogant." He stated, and he what sounded like sighed.

"But, you fail to realize I'm the stronger one here." He replied, as suddenly little shadows began to curl on my skin. I cried out in shock, and fear. Out of all things I could've felt, it had to be fear. What ever happened to the Fearless Fullmetal Alchemist, the hero of the people? Where was he? Slowly the shadows began to envelop me. Because of my current state of shock, I just watched, mouth agape as the shadows spread throughout my body. It was like I was being wrapped in cloth. Slowly, I began to lose consciousness.

'Sorry Al....Roy....Winry....every....one....I....let him.....win......' And that was the end of that. My battle was now over. And I? I was defeated easily, by what I thought was weaker than me.

Pride's POV
I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around my surroundings and saw people standing in front of me.

"Welcome back.....Pride."

Hey guys! I wanted to get this chapter out before I go into a week long break! Anyways, this chapter was just ;-; sad for me to write lol. I hope you all enjoyed, and I'll see you guys next chapter! Bai!