Chapter 2, Midnight Runs

Alya was out taking pictures so it was time to start phase one of Marinette's plan. The plan that would allow her to try breakdancing just for a night.

She looked through her bag until she found something she could use. A red sports bra and sweatpants that had a red band around the top. She also took out a cheap pair of converse.

"This should work fine," she said. She lay out her fabric paints and started painting black circles on the top. She also got out some stage red stage makeup.

"Man today was rough!" Alya called through the door. Marinette quickly put the outfit in a bag shoving it in her pillowcase.

"The only good part of it is I get to go into town for the news report," she sighed. My grades are going to fall if I can't get a good story."

"Yeah," Marinette replied. "Dance is going to be hard too, I won't have a partner again this year."

"Don't worry, you're good without a partner!" Alya smiled.

"Yeah, I guess," Mari shrugged.

"So, what's up with you and Adrien? Every time I mention him you blush," Alya started.

"I do not!" Marinette backed.

"See, there you go again," Alya sighed. "Didn't he cut your elastics?"

"No, Chloé did," Mari explained. "Adrien was trying to fix them. He was so nice."

"Ah, I see. Well, he is a world famous dancer, that's why Chloé likes him so much," Alya nodded.

"Lights out!" The overhead announced.

"I'm so tired," Alya started. "Glad the days over."

"Yeah right," Marinette replied.
Alya climbed up onto the top bunk.

"See you in the morning," she said.

"Yeah, morning," Marinette responded. She waited a few minutes before she heard the syncopated breaths of Alya asleep, she quietly walked to the bathroom and changed.

Next she walked over to the balcony door, she unlocked it earlier.

"At least I'm on the second floor," she thought. She took a step out and quickly hid behind a chair.

After making sure all was clear she jumped on the outside of the fence, she grabbed onto the bars and lowered herself down.

She looked under her, there was a six foot drop. She elected to make her way around the balcony and landed in the window, now she only had to jump a foot or two.

She snuck out the front gate, and sprinted into town. It wasn't long before she found a dance club.

"I made it," she smiled. She watched the other dancers for about an hour. It looked easy enough. Everyone was really happy.

"Yo ladybug," the DJ called. "Are you coming to watch all night or do you want to dance?"

Marinette laughed. She probably did look like a ladybug.

"Sure," she said making her way to the floor. Improve was something she was good at.

Another teen entered the room when she was dancing. He watched her in awe, he would have never guessed it was her first time.

When she finished there was applause.

"You did a great job," he told her.

"Thanks," she smiled. "It was a lot of fun."

"Chat Noir," he extended his hand.

"Ladybug," she shook it. "Nice to meet you."

"Same here," he added. Marinette turned and looked at the clock, just past midnight.

"If I don't get back soon, they'll kill me," she thought quickly running out of the club.

She made her way back into her room and quickly washed her face and got changed, not long after she fell asleep.

"Mari!" Alya shouted. Marinette grumbled. "Wake up, you have class in half and hour!"

"What?!" She yelled. "Why didn't you wake me sooner?!"

"I tried," Alya sighed. All that dancing really took it out of her.

She ran to the bathroom and got dressed. She put on her pink leo and pulled her hair back into a bun.

"Do you think the breakfast hall is closed?" She asked Alya.

"Probably," she responded.

"Kay, see you!" She sprinted out of the room with her bag.

Alya laughed and sighed, "nothing better to do than check the news." She took out her phone and pulled it up.

"Dance," she searched. She scrolled through a bit before she found something that interested her.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir," she said. "That's who I'll do my project on."