Chapter 14, Miraculous Stones

"Mari look at this!" Alya called. She had been working all weekend on a clue to who Ladybug and Chat Noir are.

"What is it?" Marinette asked.

"This," Alya said pointing to the screen. "This is Volpina, a popular breakdancer in Italy, who recently relocated to here."

"Yeah, I've heard of her," Mari mumbled.

"Well, I looked up the pendent that she wears and found out something interesting," Alya explained. "It's called a Miraculous Stone, they're from and organization that fights for freedom of identity."

"So," Mari waited.

"The necklace is like, a communication chip or something," Alya continued. "Anyway, I think she is try to recruit Ladybug and Chat Noir."

"Okay," Marinette responded. "Good luck, don't forget that breakfast closes soon."

"Oh! That's right lets go!" Alya exclaimed and ran out the door.

Marinette sighed. What if Lila really did want to recruit her?

-

That evening when she snuck out, she ran into an old man on the street.

"I am so sorry," she said helping him up. The whole Volpina thing really shook her.

"Oh don't worry about it, thank you for stopping to help me," He smiled. "You are a dancer, no?"

"Yeah I am," Marinette laughed.

"Good. Express yourself. Here," he handed her a box. "Wear this, and stand up for what you believe in."

"Oh, thank-" Marinette started and looked around. He was gone. "-you."

She opened the box and saw a pair of black earrings. She quickly shut the lid and ran to the club's bathroom.

As she put them in her ears, they changed patterns, they were now red with 5 black spots.

"Is this your dancer form?" They asked. "Hit left for yes. Right for no."

Marinette screamed, "why are they talking?!"

It repeated the question.

"My name is Tikki, let me explain. I am your Kwami, or your assistant. Kwami stands for something but I can't remember," they explained. "You have been invited to join the Real Superhero Society."

"What?!" Marinette exclaimed. She thought for a second. "Is this the thing that Volpina is in?"

"That is correct," Tikki replied. "She was recently relocated. Do you know her?"

"How do I know this isn't fake?" Ladybug asked.

"Right now, you'll just have to trust me. I won't be able to meet you in real life right now, but you can decline the offer and just get a free pair of earrings," Tikki told her.

"I'll accept for now," Marinette said thinking about how right now Lila had one step up on her.

"Than, is this your dancer form?" Tikki asked again. "If so, please press the left earring."

She did.