Chapter 9, Timebreaker

Chat Noir was waiting at the club that night, for it wasn't long ago that he met the love of his life here.

He love the way breakdancing looked, similar to how he loved ballet, but it was different.

He loved how free it was, you can always make up something as you go, and there are no real mistakes.

Ballet is different. As much as he loved watching everyone in perfect lines, all the same, there were times when he wanted to see something different.

That's another thing. Breakdancing is banned at school. Besides that, it's too different from classical ballet, there is no way any of them would pull it off.

"That's right, nothing to worry about," he thought to himself. "Oh who am I kidding, why is she here!"

Chat Noir looked over uneasily at Alya, who was patiently waiting for Ladybug.

"What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" Ladybug laughed.

"My lady!" Chat Noir exclaimed. "I was getting worried, what if something bad happened to you?"

Ladybug laughed, "let's dance kitty, I'm on a time crunch tonight."

The two of them danced, and fifteen minutes to twelve Marinette dashed.

Or she would have liked to.

She was stopped by a figure in the doorway.

"What are you in a rush for?" The person asked. "If you go too fast, you may break something important."

The person kicked at Ladybug, but she dodged and ran out the door.

"Really? Now?!" Ladybug exclaimed. She started running but the figure caught up to her.

"You've already been marked," they said. "Your makeup will wash off soon."

They glided towards her, that's when Marinette realized who they were.

"Alix?!" She exclaimed. Why is Alix here?

"I am not Alix," they said. "I am Timebreaker. If I don't do this, my watch will remain broken and I will be expelled."

"I'm sorry!" Ladybug yelled as she tripped her and sprinted away.

Timebreaker stood up and began to chase in the direction Marinette ran, but lost her.

Marinette ran as fast as she could back to her window, and got inside.

She removed her makeup and his away her cloths.

Her shoes had been ruined. They were cheap after all.

She sighed and lay in bed. What could have made Alix do that?

She heard Alya open the door and come in.

Marinette pretended to be asleep.

She was happy for Alya, yet she had a hard time getting back on time. It was only he second night and she already has no idea how long she can keep this up.