Chapter 12, Lies

Rehearsals were long and rough. Marinette was always working her hardest, she wanted to make everyone proud.

Being Medora, Marinette partnered with a lot of people, and one of them just happened to be Adrien.

Being partners in class, they worked well together.

Marinette did sometimes get nervous, but she remembered her goal.

Every night at the club they were stopped by another student of the academy.

Marinette was glad to be done with class, because it's Friday night.

Alya was at a trip with her class this weekend, they left in the morning.

Marinette could stay at the club as long as she wanted.

Strapping up her shoes, Marinette did her normal sneak out routine.

When she arrived, Marinette was shocked to see Chat Noir talking to another girl.

"I'm Volpina," the girl told Mari. "I was one of the best from where I came from."

She outstretched her hand for Marinette to shake, she did so uneasily.

The girl had dark brown hair with white to orange gradient tips, her hair was in a bun a top her head.

She was wearing high waisted white shorts with gold buttons, and a orange to white gradient tank top with lace.

But what really caught Ladybug's attention, was a large staff that she was sporting, her foxtail necklace, and the fact that she had no shoes.

"It's my flute," she explained.

Mari nodded.

As soon as she was out of the way, Marinette called Chat over.

"I don't trust her," she whispered.

"Why?" He asked. "I think she's pretty cool."

The music changed and Volpina entered the dance floor.

It was unlike anything that Marinette or Adrien had ever seen before.

She was always connected in her movements, yet she had different speeds and textures to it. She even played the flute and used it in the dance.

Speechless, Marinette decides to turn in early.

It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

She got back to the dorms, and decided to go to the coed area to chat with some people.

She hadn't done that in awhile.

"Oh, Marinette!" Nino called. "You need to meet the new exchange student!"

"Exchange student?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah," Rose added in. "She's coming soon, Alya's class is picking her up."

"I hear she was a model," Kim smiled.

"Really?! I thought she was an idol!" Juleka replied.

"I hear she knows big people at Hollywood," Max adds.

Someone new. Marinette went back to her room.

She doesn't want to deal with that right now.

In the morning when she woke up, Alya was back.

Marinette let her sleep and headed to breakfast.

Everyone was crowded around a table.

"Is it true that your family is royalty?" Chloé asked.

"It sure is," She smiled.

"Wow, Lila," and "Lila is it true," was all Marinette heard. She sighed and went to a different table.

After eating she went back to her room.

She was already sick of this Lila girl, and she didn't even know what she looked like.

"So, Adrien," Mari heard someone say.

She snuck around the corner to see Adrien and someone else, most likely the new girl.

"Ugh," she said. "I won't stand for this."

"You know, Ladybug and me, we're this close," Lila exclaimed crossing her fingers.

"Really?! That's so cool. Isn't she great?" Adrien perked up.

"That liar!" Marinette ran to her room. Alya was gone. She put on her Ladybug outfit and stormed into the hall.

"Hey missy," she said. "It's me, Ladybug your "best friend". Oh wait, I've never met you before now. The only thing you are, is a liar."

"No, I just-"Lila started.

"I don't want to hear it. You aren't wanted here, bye," Ladybug waved her off. Then Marinette remembered that there were cameras in these parts.

She ran back and got changed.

What made her do that? What did she have against her?

She was a liar. That's all that mattered.