Chapter 6, Le Corsaire

"Marinette!" Alya shouted. "Wake up! You're going to miss breakfast!"

"Yep," Marinette mumbled. "Wait, no! I can't miss breakfast again!" She quickly stood up, hitting her head on the top bunk.

"Ouch," she complained.

"I'll meet you there, got to research Ladybug and Chat Noir," she called.

Chat Noir, that's right! Marinette took the shoes and put them under her other shoes.

She got up and dressed for dance. They were announcing the new ballet today.

Not like she would get a good part. Last year they did A Midsummers Night Dream, she played a peasant, again.

She yawned as she looked at the paint on her stomach and sighed.

She got out of her room and grabbed a light breakfast before returning to the studio.

There were already a lot of people in the studio. Chloé laughed when Marinette entered.

She sighed and moved over to the corner.

"Attention please!" The instructor called. "This years ballet performance will be Le Corsaire, please have a variation from it learned by next Friday."

Le Corsaire, her favorite variation was from there. She knows it better than anything.

Marinette thought she might have a chance. She left feeling confident, until she remembered that she never got good roles.

"Marinette!" Adrien called.

Marinette awkwardly smiled and turned around.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"You are trying out, right? You did a Medora variation the other day," he said.

"Yeah, I know," she sighed. "It won't matter. Every year Chloé's dad is one of the judges. She makes sure I am only a small part."

"That won't matter," Adrien said. "You were really good, I'm sure you'll get a good part."

He put his hand on her shoulder and smiled.

She blushed. As he walked away she noticed he had makeup smudged on his arm, but thought nothing of it.

Adrien told her she should do it, she would try really hard.