XXII

(1:15 p.m. - In Mr. Parker's class)

My Boy: My hatred grows.

Me: LOL!

My Boy: How is that funny? 😢

Me: I think it's funny when you get jelly 😉

My Boy: He's touching you.

...

My Boy: Don't you roll your eyes at me Ember!

Me: Calm down you big baby. He's arm is just on my chair.

Me: He's not even paying attention to me! He's on his phone!

My Boy: Probably texting his fuck of the week.

Me: E...

My Boy: You're right, I'm sorry.

Me: 😘

"Same friend from the other week?"

       I snapped my phone shut the minute Eli's voice whispered in my ear, and a blush rose to my cheeks as his thumb rubbed the back of my sleeve. I hadn't even realized how close his arm was around my back until E pointed it out, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

       I kind of liked making my anonymous friend jealous, but at the same time I had this nagging feeling that flirting with anyone besides him was wrong. I didn't even know him! What freaked me out the most though, was that my heart beat faster just knowing he sent me a text than it did with all my years of dating Gavin.

"Yeah..."

       Eli's bright eyes twinkled before he lifted his lips in a smirk and shot me a wink.

"Doesn't look like he likes me very  much."

"Oh God, you saw that?"

"Yeah, don't worry though. I'm used to it." 

       He sent me another wink before turning his attention back to the lecture, his thumb still lightly brushing the back of my arm.

My Boy: I'm going to fucking kill him.

Me: LMAO 😉