XXIX

Hey guys, so this chapter has a lot of dialogue in it, and I'm introducing a new character.

Italicized = Ethan.

(1:30 p.m. - In Class)

"So, we need to meet up sometime after class to work on our project..."

       I smiled up at Eli as his bright eyes twinkled down at me, that beautiful signature smirk resting on his lips.

"Yeah, definitely. Do you want to meet up today?"

"Yeah, that's fine with me. Do you want to come to my house? I have football practice after school, but if you watch it I can just drive you after."

"Sure, sounds good." 

       I gave him a small smile as the bell rang and I stood with my stuff from my seat. My phone began buzzing in my pocket.

...

My Boy: Why does fuck boy insist on getting so fucking close to you?

Me: You know, I think it's kinda hot when you cuss. 😘

My Boy: You're lucky you're the cutest fucking thing ever 😑

"Hey Ember!"

"Oh hey Ethan."

       I smiled up at the tall sandy haired kid as he came sauntering over to my locker. I couldn't help the small jolt in my chest as I looked up at him. Just the thought, the idea, that he could be my E made nerves run rapidly in my whole body.

"Hey what are you doing this weekend?"

       I stared up at him wide eyed as his dark eyes twinkled and a grin as sneaky as Eli's climbed onto his face. It must be a football thing.... 

"Um, I don't think I really have anything planned-"

"Good, go out with me and some of my friends. It'll be fun."

"I'll think about it. I'm not sure if I have something or not." 

       His smile faltered slightly, but the twinkle in his eyes didn't.

"Alright cool Emmy. Let me know."

"What did you just call me?"

       My heart jumped in my chest at E's nickname for me and I felt something tight grip my lungs. He raised a questioning eyebrow at me, which only caused me to frown.

"Emmy? You don't like it? I thought it was cute..."

"I... I... I have to go."

"Okay?"