XLVII

(5:00 p.m. - Same day)

"Why were you kissing that girl the other week...?"

       Eli let out a heavy sigh before the arm that had wrapped around my waist pulled me further into his lap like I would run away if he didn't.

"I was afraid." 

"Of what?"

"Of you. You were starting to like me. The Eli me. The fucking duche-bag, man whore, dick me. And I just..."

       I turned my head a little to the side and reached my hand up to press my palm against his warm cheek as he paused. He placed his hand over mine before turning his face to kiss my palm. 

"I don't know what I was thinking, perfect girl. I figured if you saw me making out with that girl you would go running right back to E... to the me that would die for you." 

       I frowned and sat up straighter on his lap so I could turn and face him. I pouted at the worried frown on his face. 

"And you don't feel like that about me now?"

       His bright blue eyes opened wide and he quickly shook his head before his strong arm pulled me closer. 

"I would do anything for you Ember. The E me, the Eli me, every me would die for you."

"Then why did you feel the need to push me away?" 

       I cupped his cheek and gently leaned into his chest as his arms wrapped around my back.

"Because you mean more to me than any fucking thing ever has, and that scared me."

       I let out a small sigh and kissed the tip of his chin before wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"I love you Eli."

"I love you perfect girl."

       Then I pressed my lips to his and he eagerly accepted them.