Chapter 1 ~ Shyness

'I have always been shy. It's really hard (even impossible) for me to talk in front of a crowd. I just can't, I feel very ill at ease.

Even when there is only one person, I don't feel comfortable to speak. Maybe it's because of the lack of self-confidence or because I know that I'm blushing and stammering whenever I talk to someone I don't know.

I guess that I am the girl who can't speak properly without making a fool out of herself. Shyness is just a part of who I am.'

New life, new city, new school.

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it, even though I asked for this. I was the one who couldn't bear to stay there, to see all those people whispering when they saw me passing by. I was the one who didn't want to go back to that school. And today, I'm the one who stands in front of my new high school.

I walk past a few groups of people who instantly turn around to look at me.

Great. It's going to be a very long day...

I head straight towards the secretary office. As I push open the door, I am welcomed by the sound of the air conditioner. When I close it behind me, a woman appears from behind the desk.

"Oh hello! Sorry I didn't hear you coming in. How can I help you?" she asks me.

"Hmm... I'm-I'm the new student. I'm here to-to get my schedule."

"Yes, of course, I'll give it to you. Just give me a second so I can find it," she says, searching through a pile of files.

The room is quite little, there's only a desk, with a computer and lots of files and papers on it, facing the door and three chairs along the wall behind me. The large bay window behind the desk enlightens the creamy walls of the room, creating a pleasant atmosphere.

"There, I have it!"

She hands me the schedule and also a plan of the school.

"Thank you, Miss."

I take it and exit the little office quickly, after having muttered a goodbye as someone else comes inside.

After looking at the schedule for a few minutes so that I could memorize it, I put it in my bag along with the plan and start to walk towards my first class.

The hallways are almost empty, probably because it's still early. I made sure to leave an hour before class starts so I won't arrive late at my first class, on my first day.

I hate being late, mostly because people look at you when you arrive late, which is what I hate the most: being noticed. If I could just hide so nobody could see me, I would happily do so.

I choose to wait by the door and have another glance at my schedule. As I open my bag, the slamming of a locker door makes me jump in surprise. My bag falls from my arms, scattering all my belongings to the concrete. I bend down to retrieve them when I hear a masculine voice.

"Here let me help you."

I don't look up to see his face; I don't want him to see that mine is red from the embarrassment. He helps me pick up my things and he holds out his hand for me to get up. I take it and thank him quickly, my eyes still fixed on the ground.

"I've nev..." he begins with a soft voice.

Oh no... No questions...

"S-sorry, I-I gotta go," I interrupt him, grab my bag and start to walk away.

"And thank you," I say over my shoulder as I put my bag on it and push away my brown hair from my blushing face.

"Oh... Okay, you're welcome," I hear him answer as I turn around the corner of the hallway, away from him and my embarrassment.

~

A/N

Hi!

I hope you liked this first chapter!
If you did, please consider pressing the little star.

It really matters to me to know what you think so you can leave a little comment and I will gladly answer it.

Thank you to live_love_listen for editing this chapter! She did a great job!

XXX
jxstmysxlf