Chapter 30 ~ Aarshley

Aaron's POV - A year ago

"Han, I have high expectations about parties in Miami so it better be one hell of a party and if it's not, I'll end our friendship for you dragging me into this," I say when Hannah stops the car in front of a house where the music is blasting.

Even here in the car, we almost have to shout to hear each other. I actually don't have any expectation, I just want to leave. But as hard as I tried to talk her out of partying, cunningly because if I ever go straightforward with Hannah she does everything to prove me wrong, here we are.

"Relax Aaron, this is going to be one hell of a party. Now get out of my car because we are certainly not partying inside of it," she winks at me before open her door to get out.

I reluctantly follow her outside of the car. I don't want to spend my last night in Miami at some lame party but I want to spend it with Hannah. We won't see each other for another four months and talking over the phone is not quite the same as spending time together. And she's so fucking stubborn, I had absolutely no chance changing her mind.

"It's gonna be fun," she says with a wide smile and I can't help smiling back.

When I first met Hannah a year ago, I never thought we would get along. She can have this bitchy attitude sometimes but she's also the kindest person I've ever met. And today, she's one of my best friends.

The house before us is huge, as-big-as-a-fucking-mansion huge. The music coming from it is so loud I'm pretty sure the people on the other side of the city can hear it. The guy hosting this party as no respect for the neighbors. I already hate this. I sigh an turn to complain about this to Hannah but stop when I notice she's on the phone. She turns around the car to reach me when she sees me looking at her. She has put the person on speaker to hear what she is saying and we can clearly hear her as she yells on the other end.

"If you don't bring your arse in here within the next two minute I'll rip your eyeballs and feed Caroline with it. I don't think I can take any more of Chad bitting his bottom lip and winking at me, I might commit a murder if he gets any closer and I'm going to need you to help me carry his dead body. This will be all your fault," she says with a faint british accent.

I can't help but laugh at the girl's words. She seems even more bothered to be here than I am, and it bothers me a lot. I'm not the type a guy who likes to party, I'd much rather invite a few friends home and spend a nice and calm night than have a bunch of strangers puking in my bathroom.

"Calm down, Drama Queen, we're here. See you inside," Hannah replies before hanging up.

She brushes past me but comes to a stop when she notices I'm still standing next to the car.

"Are you coming or not?" She seems bothered and I don't know if it's with me or the girl. Probably both.

"Who's Caroline?" I ask her when I reach her and she shakes her head.

"My neighbor's snake," she replies with a shrug as she puts her phone back in her pocket.

I stop and look at her with furrowed brows. Who would name a snake Caroline?

"What the-," I start and she shakes her head.

"Oh boy, you don't want to know," she interrupts me and grabs my hand to pull me with her.

We get inside the house and the first thing I see is a girl throwing up in a vase full of roses. Elegant. This is going to be a long night and I'd much rather not be part of it, but here I am.

Hannah grabs my left arm with both her hands and presses her body against mine. Normally, I would put more space between us, I don't really like physical contacts. But there are so many people in here, we are all pressed against each other and Hannah is the type of person who always touches your hand or your arm whenever she talks to you so I don't mind it as much as I used to.