Chapter 4: Nowhere Safe

I watch Sam as he researches on the computer, trying to figure out any information that he can on this place.  Dean is in the bathroom changing into his suit so that he can go pretend to be the FBI.  I yell, "Dean can I please come with you?"  Sam turns around and looks at me, laughing as he shakes his head.  "What?"  I ask, laughing slightly.  "You're just funny.  Such a determined person."  He says, getting back to his research.  He's right, I am determined. Dean opens the bathroom door, walking out to Sam and I.  His suit makes him look super hot and official. He pauses for a moment, thinking about my question and actually considering it. He knows I can help. He shakes his head as he looks at me.  "Fine.  But you aren't killing anything, okay?  It's too dangerous."  Dean says as he walks up to me, moving a strand of hair behind my ear.  He looks deeply into my eyes before leaning in to kiss my cheek softly.  I smile happily, placing my hand over my stomach again. "You coming, Sam?" Dean asks as Sam focused intently on the computer screen. Sam answers, not even looking away from the screen. "Nah, you guys go ahead. I'm still looking online for information. Just let me know what you get when you get back and I'll let you know what I get. We can combine our info and maybe get something together soon." Sam says. Dean nods, "Sounds like a plan. Elena, let's go." He says as he opens the door for me. I don't have to change because the leather jacket I have on is pretty believable for an FBI Agent I guess. They wear leather jackets sometimes, right?
Dean hands me my fake badge, and we quickly get into the Impala, ready to go.
As Dean drives, I look out the window, just thinking about everything. We're headed to the two crime scenes where the people were murdered. I'm a little nervous about going to the morgue, considering the bodies were hollowed out and the insides were taken. It's definitely going to be extremely hard to look at.
About thirty minutes later, we arrive at the first house. There's at least five cop cars outside and maybe eight people standing in the front yard, mostly cops. "All right, here we go." Dean says as he opens the door, getting out. I get out and follow behind him, preparing myself. We aren't sure what the crime scenes look like. They could be pretty bad.
The house is huge, it definitely classifies as a mansion. We make our way up to the cops and immediately pull out our fake badges. "Can I help you two?" One of them asks, looking at Dean and I with confusion. As soon as he sees our badges, he just nods. "You all can go on in, there's a few more of us inside taking pictures for the file. They'll let you know all the information you need." He says, motioning for us to go on inside. Dean walks ahead of me cautiously, opening up the large, stain glass door. As soon as we walk inside, I immediately notice this huge grand bookshelf just full of ancient to modern looking books. It's incredible. If this wasn't a crime scene I'd probably be all over that.  "Let's split up and look around."  Dean says, looking over at me.  I nod.
   Dean makes his way toward the site of the body.  I pay more attention to the bookcase, in curiosity.  It really is pretty cool and interesting.  The books look so old.  I love looking at old books. I look around, checking my surroundings.  There's no one else in the room, so I decide to take a look at some of them.
   As I pick them up one at a time, I look at the cover, and then flip through some of the pages.  I mostly find old fiction stories and old tales that almost everyone has read.  After a few minutes of looking, I come across a larger book.  This one looks much older than the others, and it catches my eye because there's this dark green gem attached to the spine of the book.  Hmm....interesting.  I grab ahold of it and pull it out, looking over it.  The words on the cover of the book are unreadable, and it looks to be written in Latin, maybe?  Curiously, I open it up, looking through some of the pages.  I instantly realize that this isn't just any book, it's a witch's book.  A grimoire, maybe? On every page there's an individual, different spell.  Why on earth would the people that live here have a book of spells on their book shelf?  Unless the two people that were murdered were witches?  I hang onto this one, and look up at the book shelf again.  I need to find Dean.  I turn around, looking over toward the staircase.  I notice Dean going up them, so I quickly follow as I try to catch up with him. The rest of the cops stay downstairs, still checking the actual murder scene.
"Dean!"  I yell out in a whisper as I get to the top of the staircase, losing him.  He's walking too fast for me. I walk around, looking in every room as I pass by them to see if he's inside.  "Dean?"  I yell out again, this time not in a whisper.  Finally, I get to the end of a long hallway and find him looking at another bookshelf.  This book shelf looks exactly like the one downstairs.  It's filled with old books, just like the other one.  Dean hears me behind him and he turns around, noticing what I have in my hand.  "What is that?"  He asks.  "It's a witch's grimoire.  It's full of spells Dean."  I say as I open it up, showing him as I flip through pages.  "Why would there be a witch's grimoire here?  This has to have something to do with the murders.  What if the victims were witches or something?"  I ask curiously, closing the book as I hand it to Dean.  Death and witch craft always seem to go hand in hand. This definitely has something do with the murders, I can feel it.
His brows narrow as he studies the dark green gem.  "Wait a minute...."  He says as he slowly turns around, looking back at the book shelf.  He notices that the gem in the book and something on the book shelf are similar. He points out another dark green gem that seems to be attached onto a wooden plank on the bookshelf.  What the heck?  Why is that there?  "What..the..?"  I say, confused.  Dean looks it over, trying to figure out why it's there.  He attempts a could of different things, trying to figure out why they both possess the same gem. He slowly holds the book up in the air, putting the two green gems close to one another in attempt to figure out what they are for. As soon as he does this, the book shelf makes a loud cracking noise, and to our surprise, it slowly begins to push open automatically.  "What the hell?!"  Dean gasps as he backs up, pulling me with him.  We watch as the book shelf opens, stopping as it hits the wall.  Inside is darkness.  Just complete, creepy darkness.  I wonder what's in there?  I wonder if we should even attempt to go inside?  It could be a very bad idea.  "Should we go inside?"  I ask, looking up at Dean as I hold onto his arm.  He looks down at me, letting out a sigh.  "Stay behind me, okay?"  He says, pulling out a flashlight from his pocket.  He flips it on, aiming it toward the darkness of the uncovered room we just discovered.
  We slowly make our way inside, Dean shining the flashlight around everywhere we go.  I hold onto him, staying close.  I feel his muscles flex inside of my grip as he moves cautiously.
   "There's gotta be a light in here somewhere.."  Dean mumbles as he looks around the walls, pressing his hands up against them while shining his flashlight. He finally finds a switch and he flips it on, the room completely lighting up. As soon as the room is lit, we finally see everything. There are pictures all over the walls with more Latin words and writing, pictures of random people, including the people who died, and there are maps and just random junk all over the walls. There's a desk in the middle of the room with all kinds of jars full of some kind of substance I'm unaware of and books piled high. This is definitely a room for a witch. "Well. It's definitely not a witch." Dean says sarcastically, letting out a deep sigh as he walks up to the desk. I let go of him, making my way around to room. I study everything I see on the walls, trying to understand any of it in any way. Dean looks through the filled jars and some of the books on the desk. We do this for a while, trying to find any kind of information to help us find out what did this.
After a few minutes, I get to the corner of the room. There's this tiny little mini fridge. "Oh my gosh, look there's a mini fridge." I say, bending down closer to it. I laugh at it a little, not really thinking much about it. I slowly and casually open it up, looking inside. To my horror, I see bags full of rotten flesh, blood, and cut off body parts. The smell begins to flood the room, making it hard to hold down vomit. Death. Death is what it smells like. Rotten death. I immediately cover my mouth and nose, quickly back away from the mini fridge. "Oh, GOD!" Dean yells out, covering his mouth and nose also. As I back away, Dean walks up to it, trying to figure out what's inside. He bends down, carefully picking up some of the bags. He's crazy to even be touching that. "This is disgusting, oh my God." He says, gagging slightly. "Is it human?" I ask, hoping its not because I don't understand why there would be human flesh in a mini fridge. Dean moves the bags around in his hands, studying it. After a few seconds he confirms, "Yup, definitely human." He tosses the bags back into the mini fridge and closes it quickly. "We need to get back to Sam. I think I might have an idea of what this could be." Dean says, looking over at me.