Chapter 9: Sam: Part 2

[["Silhouette"  -Aquilo"]]

"Dean?"  I yell out over the huge corn field. My heart pounds faster and faster and I hold a hand over my pregnant stomach. "Caroline?" I yell out. Castiel yells loudly along with me, but no one is answering.  I breathe heavier, starting to get out of breath.  Dean is scaring me and his urgency and quickness to react instead of thinking rationally is going to get him hurt. I just keep pushing through the corn and Cas is now lagging behind me, trying to keep up with me.  "Elena, slow down."  He says, trying to pass in front of me again.  But I can't slow down. I'm afraid to slow down while Dean is going so fast. I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach, you know the one you feel when you're about to cry? And your throat gets all thick and it feels like there's a giant ball inside of it? It feels like my stomach is in knots.
   The light source coming from my flashlight is hectically thrashing around everywhere because I'm starting to semi-run.
  I hear Dean's voice nearby.  "My God.........what have they done to you?"  He says, sounding as if his breath has just been taken away; he's taken back.  He doesn't sound angry, he sounds....shocked. The sound of his voice is unlike anything I've heard from him before. I hope to God Sam isn't...already gone.......I hope to God Sam isn't already...dead.....
  I run faster toward his voice, pushing the large stalks of corn out of my way and out of my face.  Everything is wet from the rain and droplets are splashing everywhere.  Even when I hit the corn stalks away from me, they splash tons of tiny water droplets all over me and in my face.
  Cas and I finally push through an opened section inside of the cornfield.  It's a giant, opened section where all the corn just isn't there.  It's shaped like a large circle.  In the middle of the circle, is Sam. 
I freeze, standing a few feet away from him. What is see is horrible.....one of the worst sights I've ever seen. My jaw just drops in absolute shock.
  There's a large wooden plank sticking out of the ground high in the air, like where a scarecrow would go.  Whoever brought Sam here tied him up there just like that.  His clothes are ripped and stained with his blood.  The rain has soaked his entire body but he's still bleeding so much that the rain can't keep up enough to wash it away.  He seems to be awake but just barely.  Thunder cracks loudly.  Everyone is dead silent, yet we're all thinking the same thing. I feel my legs go numb and I can't move. I can't stop looking at Sam, its like my body has shut down momentarily in disbelief.
"We've got to get him down from there fast.  He's losing a lot of blood."  Caroline says as she walks up directly in front of Sam.  The veins pop a little below Caroline's eyes because she's around a lot of blood.  She can hold herself back from it, but it causes her vampire-like symptoms to react.  They slowly fade away, though. 
   She seems to be the only one really thinking rationally. She checks his surroundings and looks for what's holding him up there.  "Sam?  Sam, can you hear me?"  Dean asks as he snaps out of his frozen stance. He walks up beside Caroline, trying to help.  Unfortunately, Sam isn't answering any questions.  His head rolls around slowly in circles and he begins to make groaning noises. He looks up at the sky and blood begins to roll down his nose. I look over at Castiel who seems to still be in a shocked daze. While Dean and Caroline try to get Sam down, I quickly walk over to Castiel and grab ahold of his shoulders. "Cas. Cas come on, you can heal him, can't you? Right?" I question, trying to go quickly. Whoever did this to Sam could still be nearby. This whole entire thing could be a trap.
  Cas finally snaps out of his shocked daze and he quickly nods, "Yes, I can."  He says as he makes his way over to Sam.  "Here, let me through I can heal him."  Cas says.  Caroline and Dean move back out of the way so that Castiel can do his thing.  I grab onto Dean's arm as he watches and I whisper to him.  "He's going to be okay, I promise."  Dean looks down at me, his chest pumping up and down as he breathes quickly and heavily.  The rain continues to pour down and water rolls down his face.  "I know...."  He exhales deeply.  "Are you okay?" He asks.  I nod, "Yeah, I'm-".  Before I can finish my sentence a large, gleaming light flashes in front of our eyes and there's a loud noise that shrieks over us.  I shield my eyes, blocking the overpowering bright light.  Once it fades, I realize what has happened.
   "Well well, just as expected.  I knew all of you would show up to the party." Cassie says as she moves her hand away from the symbol on the wooden pole. She had pressed a symbol that was drawn on the wooden pole that sends angels away. It sends them back to heaven.
"Cassie?  What the hell are you doing here?  What-what's going on?  Where have you been?" Dean asks with confusion.  This is a strange turn of events.  What the hell is Cassie doing here?  Did she do this to Sam?  What the hell is going on......
   Caroline narrows here eyes at Cassie for a moment, studying her.  Cassie looks at all of us, just smirking like a child who's got some secret.  "She's a vampire."  Caroline says, moving closer to Dean and I nervously.  "What?  How?"  I ask.  Cassie's a vampire?!  What the hell?!  "I have a message for all of you." Cassie says as she raises a brow and crosses her arms. She's calm, and the way she's carrying herself is very familiar. "From who." I ask, carefully watching her every move. I glance up at Sam who's eyes are beginning to open up more. He's becoming more aware of his surroundings. Cassie tilts her head, glaring at me. She looks straight into my eyes. "Katherine."  As soon as I hear the name my heart drops into my stomach.  Oh.  That's just great.  Can't the bitch just leave us alone.  "What do you want with Sam."  Dean questions angrily, standing slightly in front of me to guard me. Cassie smirks, twirling her blonde curls between her finger tips. "I want him dead." She says as she walks closer toward us.  Dean begins to breathe heavier as the anger rises within him.  He won't let that happen.  "But, Katherine doesn't.  You're lucky. Well-scratch that. At least she doesn't want him dead yet. The only reason why all of this went down was to get your attention. Katherine and I mean business. This is how easy it is for either of us to use any of you as leverage whenever we want. This is how easy it is to get to you.  It's a perfect example of when we say jump, you jump." Cassie explains as she confidently prisses around Sam who's still tied up on the wooden pole. "The message is for you, Elena." She says as she begins to walk closer toward me. What the heck?  Of course it is.  Dean stays in front of me and guards me protectively. "Don't touch her." Dean says angrily. He clenches his jaw. Cassie rolls her eyes as she crosses her arms.  Out of nowhere, she grabs Dean's gun out of his hands and she hits him in the head with it.  As soon as he reacts, she grabs ahold of his neck and sends him flying a few feet away.  I gasp, lunging toward him.  I kneel down next to his side, helping him sit up.  Blood slowly begins to run down his head.  "Don't worry little baby I'm not gonna hurt your precious Elena." She glares at him before her eyes finally meet mine. "Your brother is looking for you. Jeremy? Is it?" As soon as she says this I feel my entire body become numb. Jeremy? What the hell is Jeremy doing looking for me? My stomach feels as if it ties itself in knots as she says more. "Something tells me he's not afraid of the things he should be afraid of. You might wanna get a tighter leash......" Her lips curve into a wide smirk as she turns around, her back towards us. She takes one last look at Sam, exhaling deeply. She then takes off, vamp speeding off into the corn field.
   As soon as she's gone, Caroline vamp speeds over to Sam, getting him down.  "Dean, help me carry him to the car.  Elena, go get the car ready for him."  Caroline says as she rips the ties off of Sam.  He falls into her arms, staining her clothes with his blood.  She tries so hard to ignore her bloodlust.
   I run back to the car, unlocking it and making space in the back for Sam.  I get a few blankets out of the trunk and lay them out in the backseat for comfort.  I hear Dean and Caroline groaning slightly as they finally get Sam to the car.  "We need to just get him back to the bunker.  We can help him there.  I know he isn't a fan of drinking vampire blood to heal him but I really feel in this case it will save his life.  He's lost a lot of blood, Dean...."  Caroline suggests.  I open the backseat door and Caroline and Dean slowly lay him down.  He groans, his eyes fluttering open a few times.  "I don't-I don't know how I feel about that.  Let's just get him home first and see what we can do without the vampire blood."  Dean says, getting into the front seat.  Caroline gets in the back with Sam, watching him closely and carefully.  I get in the passenger side, letting out a deep, exhausted sigh as we finally take off toward home.