Chapter 10: Recover and Recooporate

"I got you." Caroline says to Sam as she holds onto him, keeping him up. "Here, let me help." Dean says as he grabs ahold of Sam's other arm, lifting it around his neck to support Sam's weight. I shiver slightly from the cold as I open the bunker door, we all slowly and carefully help Sam inside. I'm exhausted, emotionally exhausted. I walk ahead of everyone, paving the way and making sure everything is okay. It's gonna be a long night for Sam unless he allows Caroline to give him her blood to heal him. I glance down towards the main room of the bunker and see a figure. A figure that definitely should not be there. I glance almost so quickly that it's like I'm seeing a ghost and I gasp, taking a double-take. My heart begins to beat faster. Is that who I think it is? As soon as I gasp Dean immediately panics, "What? What is it?" He asks, looking over at me with his concern-filled eyes.  I freeze, making eye-to-eye contact with my brother, Jeremy. Jeremy. What the hell is Jeremy doing here, and how in the hell did he find me.
"Jer? What are you-how did you-." He cuts me off, "It doesn't matter how I found you. What matters is where the hell you've been. You don't call, you don't text-no emails. You haven't responded to me for way too long. I thought-I thought that you might be dead."  He says as relief pours out of him and his voice, he's happy to see me, but he's pissed. This is all happening so quickly and I'm kind of in shock. I definitely wasn't prepared for a visit from my brother. A lot has changed since I last saw him. I've practically become a hunter, I'm engaged, I'm pregnant......
I notice him exhale deeply, as if he can finally catch his breath.  "I'm sorry Jer, I really am.  I've just-I've been busy, and-."  He cuts me off again, "I can see that."  His eyes slowly begin to gloss over as if tears are beginning to form in his eyes and his voice shakes.  "You're pregnant?" He asks, his voice cracking slightly. This time my heart drops down into my stomach. The guilt inside of me is strong. He looks heartbroken.
His eyes glance over to Dean and Sam, and he searches for an answer from Caroline. Guilt begins to churn inside of me and I can't help but feel as if I've made a huge, huge mistake with keeping my brother out of my life.

I just didn't want to put him in danger anymore.......he was always getting caught up in the drama of my life, and when I left, I left all of that behind--including Jeremy.  "You need to sit down, okay?  We need to have long conversation..."  I say as I slowly begin to make my way toward him with my arms open while Caroline, Sam, and Dean watch from behind me. Jeremy backs up slightly, looking at me with anger. "Don't. Just-don't.......I don't.......we can talk." He says, stuttering as he struggles to find the words. He sits down in one of the chairs, waiting for me. "You guys go ahead and uh....talk. We'll take care of Sam." Dean says reassuringly, awkwardly glancing over at Jeremy.

[[Caroline P.O.V.]]

As Dean lays Sam down in his bed, I rush to the bathroom to soak up a washcloth with warm water. I vamp-speed back into the bedroom and I sit on the edge of the bed. Dean looks at Sam's chest, checking all of his scratches and wounds. "You're gonna need some stitches buddy." Dean says as I begin to wipe away the blood from Sam's chest, neck, and face. "This could all be over....this could be fixed so easily if-." Dean interrupts me, "If Castiel would get his ass back here already. Usually he's back by now. He could heal Sam in less than a second." Dean looks up as he says this. "Where the hell are you, man. Come on." He groans before looking back down at Sam. That's true, but it wasn't what I was trying to say. I could give Sam my blood and it could heal him just as fast. The only problem with that would be that he'd have my blood in his system for 24 hours and if he dies, which is not going to happen, he'll turn into a vampire. So I have a feeling Sam and Dean won't be okay with the idea. Sam clenches his jaw tightly, wincing at the pain. His body slightly begins to shiver. I look over at Dean and speak reluctantly. "I...I meant to say that I could fix him. If he drinks my blood then he will be healed just as fast-." Before I can say anything else Sam speaks over me, his voice weak. "NO, no-I, I don't want that. Just, let me heal on my own; naturally." He groans. Dean looks over at me, almost making a face that's secretly telling me to do it anyways. This surprises me. Dean would normally never be okay with drinking vampire blood. I guess at this point, he just wants Sam to be okay. I let out a deep sigh, "Okay, okay no vampire blood. But you're gonna need a rag or something." I say as I begin to look around the room. "For what?" Sam asks. "You need stitches. It's gonna hurt like a bitch. The rag is for you to bite down on." I explain, handing the wet rag to Dean so that he can continue to clean the blood off of Sam's body. "Shit....." Sam groans, grunting in pain once more. "All right, Caroline, get the huge ass first aid kit from that cabinet in the bathroom." Dean says as he literally just pulls his shirt off, twisting it up until it can fit in Sam's mouth. "Bite down on this." Dean says as he places it in between Sam's jaw.
I quickly grab the first aid kit and I bring it back into the bedroom. Once I hand it to Dean, he rips it open and starts to go through it.
This is gonna hurt Sam like hell. I get up on the bed and I lift Sam's upper body up slightly. I sit down at the top of the bed and lay him back down over me so that I can hold the top of his head for comfort and safety. He can't be moving while Dean is trying to stitch him up.
I place the warm, wet washcloth over Sam's sweaty forehead and I place my hands on each side of his head. His almost naked body continues to shiver even though he's sweating like crazy. This is a bad sign. I pull the blankets up slightly over his legs to try and help him warm up.
Both of them are shirtless and if Elena and Dean weren't together and Sam wasn't dying I'd feel like a damn lucky girl surrounded by hot, ripped guys.
Wow did I really just think that while Dean and I are trying to keep Sam alive?
"All right Sammy, I'm starting." Dean says as he slowly begins to thread the needle through Sam's skin. Immediately Sam screams out in agony, biting onto the shirt as hard as he can. His grunts and screams are so loud that I'm sure Elena and Jeremy can hear it from the main room of the bunker.
Sam tries to move so I hold him down tightly, trying to keep him still. It's a pretty horrible thing to watch, and blood just keeps gushing out from his wounds. My eyes begin to change again as my vampire senses react to all of the blood. The small veins pop out under my now red eyes. I look away from Dean, not wanting him to see. Even though I have control of myself, Dean may not believe that I do.
I squeeze my eyes shut, holding my breath as I try to ignore the urges. I shake my head, making my eyes return to "normal". Sam screams again as Dean continues. Dean goes as quick as he can, but that doesn't make it feel any less painful.  "I'm sorry Sammy, I'm going as fast as I can."  Dean apologizes, leaning closer to the wound so that he can focus.  Sam screams once more, squeezing his eyes shut tightly in horrible pain.  I hold onto his head tightly and calmly speak to him in almost a whisper.  "You're gonna be fine, Sam.  You're doing great."
  As soon as I say this, Sam opens his eyes and he looks up at me, tears forming.  We make eye contact for a moment, just staring into each other's eyes.  It's like he's saying thank you without actually saying it.  I half smile at him, trying to comfort him in any way possible.  He exhales deeply and he quickly grabs ahold of one of my hands before Dean does a deeper stitch.  Sam squeezes my hand tightly, screaming again and again as Dean continues.
  Blood occasionally splatters onto Dean's bare chest, his hands are just covered in blood.
  "Okay, done.  I'm done!"  Dean says as he pulls away, finally getting the biggest wound completely stitched up.  Sam exhales with relief, dropping Dean's shirt out from his mouth.  "Oh, ugh-God that was..horrible."  Sam groans, leaning his head back against my chest.  I take the washcloth and wipe the sweat from his forehead.