Chapter 12: Dinner

[[Elena P.O.V.]]

Dean, Bonnie, Caroline and I all have been cooking for hours now.  It smells so good throughout the bunker.  The pans crackle as the food cooks on them. Dean stands in front of the oven, currently working on the bacon for the burgers.  He's wearing a tight black shirt that practically shows every muscle on his upper body. Oh how I love the smell of bacon and looking at Dean's perfect bod. "Does any of this make you nauseous, Elena?"  Bonnie asks as she mixes the ingredients for the potato casserole.  I haven't felt nauseous in a while, actually.  I think I'm over that part of the pregnancy.   "Nope.  It makes me want to eat all of it, like right now.  Like I don't even care if it's raw I just want it.  My cravings get a little weird sometimes."  I explain, squeezing the beef together to make the hamburger patties.  Bonnie just laughs a little.
   Caroline has been in the opposite corner making macaroni salad.  She's been pretty quiet for a while.  Too quiet.  She usually has a lot more to say.  She always has comments during conversations involving the pregnancy.  I casually turn my head around, glancing back at her.  "You doing okay over there Caroline?" I ask, still shaping the hamburger meat while my eyes are on her.  I watch her expression, she takes a deep breath and her eyes turn toward me. She smiles after swallowing thickly, "Yup, everything's good.  Just thinking about a lot per usual.  I always have a lot on my mind." 
   True.  As she says this, I feel Dean's eyes on me.  As Caroline gets back to making the macaroni salad, I look at Dean.  He gives me a look, narrowing his brows.  Something's up and Dean knows it too.  He clenches his jaw slightly, turning back toward the cooking bacon.  I glance over to Bonnie and she looks over toward Caroline with concern. "I'm gonna go check on Sam, I'll be back." Caroline says as she leaves the room.
The three of us watch as she walks out.  "What's up with her?" Dean asks. I shrug my shoulders, shaking my head slowly. "I'm not sure." Something's definitely bothering her.

[[Katherine P.O.V./"Show Pony" -Black Pistol Fire]]

*wack!* I hit Castiel the angel with my long, sharp nails. He gasps, grunting in pain as I make bloody scratch marks across his cheek. "Stop this, please." He begs, looking up at me with angry, glaring eyes. He breathes heavily, trying to catch his breath as much as he can.  I roll my eyes, smirking as I back away from him. I walk around the room, pulling my phone out from my pocket. I check through my messages, waiting for a response from Cassie.  We've been at this for at least a day or two.  Not sure how much longer he can take the torture until he cracks. 
   "What do you have planned. Why are you doing this." He demands. I raise a brow as my eyes escape from my phone screen for a moment to look at him, my lips pursed.  "I want you to do something for me."  I say with narrowed eyes.  He shakes his head, taking heavy, deep breaths.  "I'm not going to do anything for you."  He says, lifting his head up to look toward the ceiling.  I chuckle at his response.  Aww, how cute, he thinks he actually has a choice. 
   Finally my phone buzzes, and I quickly check to see if it's from Cassie.  Thankfully, it is.  It reads:

"Got the place set up. Ready whenever you are."

A wide smirk spreads across my pink lips and my eyes pan over to Castiel.  I slowly walk up to him, my loud heels echoing throughout the large room.  He looks at me, realizing that things are about to get a lot worse. 
   "Good news, angel.  Everything's ready.  Now it's our turn--well, your turn." 

[[Caroline P.O.V.]]

I walk into Sam's bedroom, seeing him of course out of bed.  He sits at his small desk, researching on his laptop.  I quietly stand in the doorway, crossing my arms as I lean against the paneling.  "What do you think you're doing?"  I ask, raising a brow.  He jumps slightly, my agitated voice surprising him.  He keeps his busy fingers on the keyboard and turns his head toward me.  "Um-I'm-I'm just researching some things......for the next hunt we go on."  He stutters nervously.  He's doing exactly what I think he's doing.  He's looking for another case.  "Sam you can't even type on a keyboard with two hands.  Do you really think you'd be able to go on another hunt and make it out alive?  You're weak.  You need rest."  I say as I walk up to him, shutting the laptop softly. 
   He shakes his head slightly, covering and rubbing his face with his hand.  "I don't.....do well with 'resting'.  Okay?  I just don't.  I don't like feeling helpless and......"  Before he goes on any further I bring up something again that I'm sure he wouldn't want brought up, but I don't care.  "You wouldn't have to feel this way if you would just let me give you my blood to heal you.  This would all be over and you'd be fine."  He looks up at me once I say this, letting out a deep sigh. "Caroline, you know how I feel about that. Cas will be here soon to-".  I interrupt him before he can finish.  "Cas hasn't been here.  He still isn't.  I can heal you almost as good as he can, it's not like you're gonna die in 24 hours with the blood in your system.  It would be okay, Sam."  I say, trying to convince him to just listen to me and to let me help him.  He gets up from his desk chair and he walks past me, pacing around the room.  I look over at him and watch him, paying close attention to his demeanor.  His muscles flex and tense up as he becomes angry with me.  "No Caroline!  We've already talked about this, more than once, actually.  I don't have to keep explaining myself to you.  Just, forget it, okay?  Vampire blood is not an option."  He says, raising his voice at me in a way he never has before.  He's getting really angry with me, and it's super out of his character to get so angry so quickly the way he is. 
   I cross my arms, shaking my head.  This is so stupid.  He's being so stupid.  I get it, he's a hunter and that would be looked down upon, but this would heal him.  It hurts my feelings a little bit, honestly.  He hates what I am so much that he won't let me help him.  I swallow thickly, looking at him-straight into his eyes.  "You really hate who-....what, I am that much?  You hate what I am so much to the point where you won't let me help you?"  I say, hurt.  He pauses for a moment, beginning to shake his head.  "Caroline, you have to understand that-."  I cut him off again, "Oh I understand.  I understand plenty."  As I say this, I turn around, walking toward the door to exit.  Sam quickly runs after me, grabbing my arm to stop me.  "Caroline stop.."  He says, turning me around to look at him.  "I didn't mean it that way, I don't hate you and you know I don't.  But I can't......I can't risk.....I can't put that into my body, okay?  It goes against everything that I am.  Can't you understand that?"  He asks, waiting for an answer from me.  His face is apologetic but I'm still angry with him.  I pause for a moment, just looking at him.  "I got it, Sam."  I say in an angry tone, turning again and making my way out of his bedroom.

[[Elena P.O.V./one hour later]]

"This is gonna be so damn good."  Dean says as he begins to set up the plates, filling them with food.  Bonnie and I set up the table, while Caroline pours everyone glasses of wine and beer, except for me--the pregnant girl.  I get water.
  "Where's Sam?"  Dean asks, looking over toward Caroline.  She lets out a deep sigh, almost rolling her eyes slightly.  "He's trying to find another case.  He's already ready to go on a new hunt."  She explains as she pours herself a glass of red wine.  Dean shakes his head in aggravation.  "Dear God...."  He groans, putting down the plates for a moment.  He walks toward the hallway, heading to go get Sam.  "Sam!  Cmon, dude."  We hear Dean yell as he makes his way down the hallway. 
   Caroline takes a huge gulp of her wine.  Damn.  I look over at Bonnie and she gives me a look, the both of us noticing just how much Caroline is drinking in just one "sip".  "Caroline, what's-".  Caroline cuts Bonnie off, "Ill tell you guys later, okay?  Not in the mood right now."  She snaps slightly.  Geeze.  Someone is really not happy right now.  "Uhh....okay Care, whatever you say."  Bonnie says sarcastically as she sits down at the table.
Before I sit down, I think about taking a picture of our set up.  It's super cute and the food is going to look delicious.  But, I realize I left my phone in the impala.  Dammit.  "You know what, I'll be right back.  If Sam and Dean come in while I'm gone tell them I went outside to get my phone from the car."  I say quickly as I make my way to the staircase.  "Okay!"  Bonnie yells from behind me.

   I walk outside, the wind blowing softly through my hair.  It feels really nice outside surprisingly.  The past few days have been horrible weather so this is awesome. 
  I walk up to the sleek, black impala and open up the passenger side door.  "Hmmm, okay, where are you phone."  I kind of say out loud to myself.  I'm bent over, searching the seats, floor, and everything to find my phone.  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Maybe it's inside the bunker and I just forgot that I brought it in?  I give up, standing back up straight and lifting my head out from the car.  I close the passenger side door, and as I do this, I see someone in the reflection of the window of the impala.  I gasp, jumping in fear as I turn around to face them.  "OHMYGOD what the hell?"  I scream.