Chapter 6: Rugaru

[[Elena P.O.V./ 4 hours later]]

I'm awakened by a loud crashing noise.  Sam, Dean and I all shoot up from our beds, opening our fearful eyes to see three men-or creatures-bursting through our motel door.  The crushed door falls to the floor in pieces.  The creatures' jaws are opened wide, their spiky teeth very visible.  Their skin is mutated and worm-like, yet, the human part of them is still recognizable.  Their clothing is slightly dirty and ripped apart, wounds on their bodies being shown through the holes in the clothing.  They growl and yell in this insane hunger, looking around the room to see how many people are inside.  I can see it, I can see it in their eyes.  The hunger that they have for human flesh is unstoppable.  They can't control themselves at all.  It's almost like....zombies?  Zombie vampires? 
   "SAM!  DEAN!"  I scream at the top of my lungs in horror and fear.  "RUGARUS!!!"  Sam yells as he gets up from his bed, lunging across the room toward his shotgun.  Dean's eyes widen in panic and he grabs ahold of me, pulling both of us toward the other side of the bed away from the Rugarus.  What are we gonna do?  There's three of them and they are a hell of a lot stronger and faster than us.  Even if there are three of us also, it would take all three of us at one time just to get one of them down.  Dean stands in front of me, shielding me completely from all of them.  I yell to Dean as the Rugarus go after Sam.  "Where's our guns?"  Sam hits one of the things with his gun, knocking it back a little.  But the other two go for him quickly after.  "I don't-I don't know!"  Dean yells back in a complete panic.  This is almost too much for him to handle at one time.  I can tell in his voice he's getting overwhelmed.  All three of the Rugarus successfully manage to get Sam's gun out of his hand before he can shoot any of them, and one of them grabs onto him tightly.  Sam tries to get away but he can't.  He's in trouble.  "SAM!!"  I screech.  "DEAN DO SOMETHING!"  I shout.  Dean and I both look over to Sam who's about to be bitten, like, eaten alive.  Dean instinctively runs toward them full speed, knocking them off of Sam to save him.  He hits the ground pretty hard, and I watch as he rolls up into a ball of pain on the floor, groaning.  Sam wipes sweat off of his forehead and his eyes dart around the room as he looks for his gun.  Everything is happening so quickly, I can't even keep up.  I breathe heavily, watching him.  After a few seconds his eyes meet mine and they widen.  His face changes from exhaustion to complete fear.  His jaw opens widely and he screams loudly, "ELENA WATCH OUT!"  Before I can react or even realize what he's saying, I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. 

Oh God.  Oh no. 

I look in front of me to see a Rugaru.  His disgusting face looks straight at mine, and everything begins to move in slow motion.  He leans in to bite me and I hear a loud gun shot.  The Rugaru's head just explodes in front of me, blood splattering all over my face.  As he falls to the floor, Sam is standing there with his gun aimed at me.  He shot down the Rugaru.  Dean finally gets up while Sam begins to shoot at the other Rugarus.  Sam looks at me in horror, his eyes moving down my body.  I feel pain but I can't really tell where.  I slowly look down to where Sam's eyes are and then I see it.  My shirt over my stomach has a hole in it, blood seeping out of it quickly.  I realize the Rugaru was so strong, he slammed his fist deep into my pregnant stomach.  My knees become weak with shock and pain, and I drop to the floor, leaning up against the wall.  I place my hand over my stomach.  The first thought that comes to my mind is the baby.  What about the baby?  I don't care whether I live or die, but this baby can't die.  Hell no.  I look up to see Dean across the room.  His eyes are so wide that it looks as if his eyeballs are going to just drop out of his head.  Things begin to go in slow motion again and I notice my vision is starting to become fuzzy.  "ELENA!  ELENA NO, NO PLEASE!"  He screams in agony as he rushes to my side. 

"Elena?....Elena..."  I hear a voice beginning to almost echo through my head, getting louder and clearer with every moment.  It's almost like I'm halfway in a dream and halfway out.  The voice sounds like it's coming from a dream, but it keeps getting louder as if it's actually not coming from a dream.  The chaos begins to become quieter and I feel a light tapping on my arm and some soft shaking of my shoulders.
   Finally, my eyes quickly shoot open and I sit up, realizing I had fallen asleep.  "Elena?  Are you okay?  I think you were having a nightmare.  You're sweating..."  Sam says softly as he kneels down next to me, his eyes looking at me with concern.  I place my hand over my pregnant stomach quickly, realizing everything is fine.  The baby is fine.  It was all just a dream.