Chapter 11: Something New

[[Caroline P.O.V. / "Stay Alive" -José Gonzálas]]

My eyes slowly crack open and I realize I had fallen asleep sitting there on the floor of Sam's bedroom. Why was I tired? Vampires don't get tired. What the heck. Dean is gonna be pissed if anything happened.
I look ahead of me at Sam's bed, realizing he's no longer there. Oh God. This wakes me up pretty quickly. I shoot up, my eyes widening. I move a strand of hair behind my ear and out of my face. I look over at the clock to check the time. It's pretty early, only about 7 A.M.
"Sam?" I call out in a whisper, quickly walking out of his bedroom and into the hallway. No answer. "Sam." I whisper again, a little louder this time. Still no answer. Where the hell is he? He's not even supposed to be up and walking. He should be laying down, resting his body so that he can heal quickly. I walk down the hallway past Dean and Elena's room, and into the kitchen.
Sam stands next to the counter top, pouring himself a cup of coffee. I exhale deeply, letting out a sigh of relief. He turns around to see me standing there and he smiles warmly. Thank God. "Mornin'. You okay?" He asks, turning back around as he slowly takes a sip of his hot coffee. He looks rough....
"Am I okay? What about you? How are you even up right now?" I ask, shaking my head as I cross my arms. I walk over to the cabinets, grabbing myself a coffee mug. He chuckles slightly, "Caroline I'm fine. This isn't my first rodeo, you know. I've had to do my own stitches before. I'm a pretty strong guy. I can take a hard beating I promise." He explains. I feel his eyes on me while I pour myself some coffee. He watches every move I make.
I plop down on one of the chairs in the kitchen, sitting a few feet away from him while he leans against the counter. He looks at me, like he's thinking.....it looks like he has something to say. I take a sip of my coffee and it burns my lips just slightly. Damn that's hot.
"Thank you, for last night." He says. "I know that couldn't have been easy for you, considering you're a vampire and there was a lot of blood.." He looks down as he says this, taking another sip of his coffee. I get butterflies in my stomach every time he looks at me. What the heck is this. Why do I feel this way? I smile brightly, "It's okay, I have pretty good self-control when it comes to things like that. I'm used to it, I guess. But you're welcome." I say as I watch him. His eyes stare into mine, and he always keeps direct eye contact. Most people I talk to don't do this. It makes me feel like he's always paying attention to me and only me when I'm talking. It's also a little bit intimidating.

[[Elena P.O.V.]]

I sit up in bed, just looking down at Dean as he sleeps. I know he told me not to worry and I know that we're safe here in the bunker. But I can't help but worry and think about what's to come of Katherine and Cassie. That's a dangerous combination. It's poisonous....nothing can come of it but death. We all saw what they did to Sam. We now truly know what they're capable of....and even worse. They could have easily killed him if they wanted to. All they were doing was sending a message.....
Dean begins to stir and move, slowly waking up from his sleep. He opens his eyes and see's me just staring at him. He clears his throat slightly. "That's not creepy at all." He says sarcastically as he flips around to lay on his stomach, facing away from me. I laugh slightly as I grab onto his muscular arm, "Dean wake up." I whine to him, resting my other hand over my pregnant stomach. He groans, annoyed. "It's only 7 why are you trying to get up so early?" He asks, whining right back.  I stay silent for a moment, swallowing thickly. I open my mouth to speak, but before I can say anything I feel kicking inside of my stomach again. I gasp, my hands rushing to my stomach so that I can feel. "What? What's wrong?" Dean asks. This gets him up quickly.
I begin to laugh, smiling widely. I grab onto his hand and I place it on my stomach, waiting for the baby to start kicking again. Dean looks deeply into my eyes for a moment, confusion spread across his face.
The baby begins to kick again, this time a lot harder. Dean's eyes widen and his lips curve into a huge smile. "Woah, that's-that's amazing......" He says as he lifts my shirt up, placing both of his hands on my stomach this time. We both sit there for a few seconds and just feel, laughing and smiling at each other. Dean speaks softly, "Hey there little guy-or girl. Daddy's right here." He chuckles, smiling so brightly that I can practically see the love flooding his gorgeous green eyes.
  After a few minutes, I get an idea.  "Hey, can we have Bonnie over tonight?  We could cook a big dinner.  We could have Cas over too, and Caroline is already here.  I think it'd be good to get everyone's, especially mine, minds off of all the scary stuff for a little bit." I suggest as I grab onto Dean's hand tightly. "Sure." He says with a smile. "It's a good excuse to cook a big dinner and some damn good food. We need it."