Chapter 39 - It's In The Vision.

Thanks for the 15k+ reads and all the votes and comments! They make my day <3

Chapter dedicated to my friend Andy amber-MW! Thanks for all the support :-)

Jim's POV

The doctor did a check up of Ken's eyes and then made him sit on the chair in his cabin and then took us outside the cabin.

"Doctor!" Harry said, "What's happening to him? What happened to his eyes!?"

The doctor looked down and sighed. No, please don't give me a bad news.

"Ken has got temporary blindness!" The doctor finally said.

"What?" I said in disbelief. No. This cannot be.

"Yes." The doctor sighed and said, "In the accident, Ken did suffer internal brain bleeding right? So well, as a result of that, one of his nerves got pressed."

"Which nerve?" Harry asked and gulped.

"The optic nerve." The doctor informed.

"So when will his vision come back?" I said with a terrified expression.

"We cannot say anything. It may take a few days, few weeks or sometimes, few months or few years!" The doctor said frowning, "And there's 80℅ chance that his vision will come back! If care is not taken," the doctor shook his head, "He may stay blind for the rest of his life!"

"No!" I gasped, "Doctor no!" I said shaking my head. Ken will be really depressed after he hears all this. The doctor gave Harry a list of medicines for Ken and then Harry and I walked over to Ken who was sitting on the chair, looking straight ahead.

"Harry!? Jim?" Ken said nervously, "Is that you?"
I've never seen Ken nervous in my life. That bloody Zach. I hope he dies there in jail. It's all because of him!

"Y-Yeah Ken!" Harry said sadly, "Its us."

"What did the doctor say? I'll be fine right? Nothing serious right?" Ken said forcing a smile. I looked at Harry and nodded indicating that we need to tell Ken about what's happening.

"Ken!" Harry gulped, "You have got temporary blindness!"

Ken just stood there electrified.

"No. No!" Ken said shaking his head. I immediately hugged him. I have never seen Ken so vulnerable. I mean who won't be? The thought of not seeing your loved ones itself gives me goosebumps.

Ken pulled back from the hug and said with a depressed look, "Why me? Why my eyes? Why and how did it happen?"

"Your optic nerve got pressed which resulted in you losing your eyesight!" Harry said sadly and hugged Ken who looked traumatized.

"Jim, call home and let them know!" Harry said in a soft tone. I nodded. I dialed Jacques's number.

"Yo! Where are you guys?" Jacques answered the phone happily.

"Uh. Umm. J-J-Jacques. K-Ken." I said with tears falling from my eyes. I was so shocked that I couldn't even say that. I could only imagine how Ken must be feeling now!

"Dude. What happened? What happened to Ken?" Jacques said in a worried tone.

"He lost his eyesight!" I gulped.

"He What?!!" Jacques yelled.

"He lost his eyesight. Due to the internal bleeding, his optic nerve got pressed and he....." I said.