day fifteen

if anyone was wondering; that's manu rios.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wednesday, April 13th 2016

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The phone rang. I hopped on the balls of my feet, nervously hoping she'd pick up. I didn't even know why I was doing this.

Beau hadn't been at school since Monday, so I guessed she was sick. I was worried. I knew I really was a stalker, but I had a valid reason for my behavior. I hoped.

In my opinion, it was pretty valid. Kind of.

I'd been secretly looking at her since the beginning of freshman year from the back of my English class. I'd always known that she was special.

Beau had long wavy hair, which was beautiful but in itself not that rare. It was the colour that had caught my attention; it constantly changed. Her natural hair color was red, she was a natural ginger. Next year, she'd dyed it dark brown and later to black which really made her eyes pop.

After a short period of black hair, she dyed it a pastel purple, and after that to sea green. Then she went back to black and now it was blue. I loved her blue hair more than any other color she'd ever had.

She wasn't flawless, but it only made her more beautiful. Her cheeks and nose were loaded with small freckles (which was the cutest) and she had a small scar in her right eyebrow. She was pretty tall compared to a lot of other girls in our school, standing at 5'9", though she was still small compared to me. I was 6'2".

I personally hated my looks and was pretty insecure about them. I wasn't as muscular as some other guys were and not that handsome. It was part of the reason why I never had the guts to walk up and talk to Beau.

One day, I manned up and went to her locker, only to see her already walking away. On impulse, I grabbed a sticky note and wrote my first note. In lunch break, I noticed her reading it and stuffing it in her backpack.

After that, I wrote one every day and watched her read it. It'd been three weeks already and she'd been replying to me for almost a week. That was enough for me.

"Who is this?" I suddenly heard. I landed back in real life and realized I'd still been waiting for Beau to pick up her phone.

How I'd gotten her number? Long story. A little too long. And confusing.

It had ended in her best friend Casper knowing it was me who'd written all those notes. I hoped he could keep his mouth shut.

"Hello?" I got snapped out of my thoughts again. Oops. I hadn't replied yet and quickly thought about my options. Tell her? Make something up?

I decided on being honest about it.

"Um.." I started, not really knowing how to word it. "I'm- I'm the guy from the notes."

A short silence followed. "How did you get my number?" was the first thing she asked. I smiled to myself. I knew she was going to ask that.